[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indefinite Detention

The Irish Doggy

Congress, the Constitution are supposed to be protecting freedoms not just selectively. The American people do not realize this and think that it only applies to the "terrorists". It is a slippery slope, that I'd rather have our system of checks and balances, include a trial by your peers, vs. the government having absolute power if they get the "charges" correct on the paper work. Another example of people wanting the government to take care of them and as long as "we" perceive they are, then give them more power. Ignorant!

Scary stuff here.

Agree. It's kind of sad that you have a better chance of being struck by lighting than being killed by a terrorist, but the public seems so ready to give away (or ignore the erosion of) the civil liberties that have made this country great.

Agree. It's kind of sad that you have a better chance of being struck by lighting than being killed by a terrorist, but the public seems so ready to give away (or ignore the erosion of) the civil liberties that have made this country great.

There are Islamic terrorists everywhere, believe me, everywhere... We They lay in wait, biding our their time to strike...

Ron Paul -

“This is a giant step – this should be the biggest news going right now – literally legalizing martial law,” said Paul. The congressman from Texas also appeared flabbergasted that the bill managed to escape discussion in any of the recent GOP debates, despite its provisions being detrimental to the US Constitution and the freedom of every man, woman and child in America.

“This is big,” continued Paul, adding “This step where they can literally arrest American citizens and put them away without trial….is arrogant and bold and dangerous.”

:tup: I think they are the new boogeyman for those who have gotten tired of the old communism one. :wacko:

You've hit the nail on the head right here, perhaps inadvertently, perhaps not. Power requires that the populace should be kept at a certain level of fear.

You've hit the nail on the head right here, perhaps inadvertently, perhaps not. Power requires that the populace should be kept at a certain level of fear.

It's like religion.

Bingo. As for me, I miss our former communist enemies. At least we knew who they were, what they were capable of and to some degree (based on perception) there was a mutual enemy respect for each other. Once they collapsed, what did we have to keep us under the boot of fear? Somalia?

I am not happy about this 93 - 7 passing.

Sure, the first time I post something that vaguely resembles a good point, you have to throw out that it might be accidental. :wacko: