[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers vs 49ers

Dont Rookie Me........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game and I am stoked to see a game that matters on the west coast for the Steelers. Looking for advise from 49er fans as I have never been to Candlestick Park.

Where to go beforehand?

Where to go afterwards?

Etc..

The bad news is that the stadium is in the middle of freaking nowhere. Unlike newer stadiums that are built downtown and near plenty of cool bars and restaurants, Candlestick is pretty fair drive to most anywhere you'd want to go. A stark contrast to Pac Bell Park, which is a walk to plenty of watering holes, South San Fran is not exactly happening. Or, at least, wasn't when I lived in the Bay Area. Perhaps others could chime in.

I hope you have a good time, but mostly I hope you have a good time watching your team lose. :wacko:

The bad news is that the stadium is in the middle of freaking nowhere. Unlike newer stadiums that are built downtown and near plenty of cool bars and restaurants, Candlestick is pretty fair drive to most anywhere you'd want to go. A stark contrast to Pac Bell Park, which is a walk to plenty of watering holes, South San Fran is not exactly happening. Or, at least, wasn't when I lived in the Bay Area. Perhaps others could chime in.

I hope you have a good time, but mostly I hope you have a good time watching your team lose. :wacko:

This. Candlestick is in the middle of one of the worst areas in the Bay, you don't want to hang out in the 'hood after the game.

Before: I always tailgate. It's usually a very hospitable crowd, as long as you can take/give some friendly smack talk (of course there is always douchebags as there are at any event).

Arrive early so you can get into the main lot. The overflow lots have a lot of dirt in them and, if it's windy, it gets nasty out there. If you enter from the 101/Bayshore Freeway, drive all the way around the stadium and take either the second to last or last left to get into the lot. Check it on google maps:

here

You will be turning off of Gillman. I like parking here because getting out of candlestick sucks, and this has you as close to the exit as possible. You will be driving out on Gillman too, heading NW, to get back to the 101/Bayshore.

After: If I am going to stay around the stadium for a while afterwards, this is a nice place to have some food and beer: The Old Clam House

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=San+Fran...mp;t=h&z=14

It's fairly close to the stadium, but far enough away to be out of the worst of it. If you want to keep on going, there is the China Basin area around the Giant's stadium. Plenty of restaurants and bars there. If you want a taste of authentic SF bar life, check out the Zeitgeist. It's an easy shot up the 101/Bayshore once you get out of the parking lot. Tons of good beers on tap and really good $5 burgers ($6 with cheese). They also have the tamale lady with awesome hand made tamales.

Wish I was going to this one, I'd be happy to hook up with you and drink some beers. My son has the chicken pox and my wife is out of town, so I'm watching this one on the tube.

Have fun, and GO 9ERS!!!!

Edited by hardway

Two 10-3 teams battling it out on Monday Night Football, with a lot on the line. It doesn't get much better than that. :wacko:

Harbaugh probably has extra motivation, as, not only would a win help the Niners, as they try to get a 1st round bye, but, it would help his brother's team immensely. I look for this to be a defensive battle. I'm very concerned about the Steelers offensive line (as usual), combined with Ben being limited in his ability to escape the pocket.

Can't wait........ :tup:

Hopefully I can have a beer with someone, anyone...looking for something to do afterwards too...regardless of outcome. Let the good game begin, also need Davis for 17 points to make the final, but ID give that all up for the win and a number 1 seed atm.

My dad is a huge Niners fan but lives out of state. I knew my parents would be here for Christmas, so I got tickets to this game about three months ago, figuring it'd be another meaningless December game for the Niners. Neither of us have been to an NFL game in probably 12 years, so this should be pretty fun. Looking forward to a playoff-like atmosphere and seeing it with my dad.

My dad is a huge Niners fan but lives out of state. I knew my parents would be here for Christmas, so I got tickets to this game about three months ago, figuring it'd be another meaningless December game for the Niners. Neither of us have been to an NFL game in probably 12 years, so this should be pretty fun. Looking forward to a playoff-like atmosphere and seeing it with my dad.

Is it wrong of me to hope that your Dad has a terrible time at the game ? :tup:

Seriously, have fun. No matter how old we get, there is still nothing like father-son time at a ball game. :wacko:

Have a great time!

I am so freaking pumped! Got me some Anchor Steam and just settling in for pre-game. Since I'm not a fan of larger market teams like the Jaguars, I almost never get to see my team on prime time. And, considering the past few years, I think the last time I saw them in a meaningful game was 02 or something.

GO NINERS!!!!