[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kim Jong Il dead

Ursa Majoris

When I was in the Army, I was in foreign material intelligence and my secondary area of study was north korea. I would really hate for a newel of hostilities to begin again over there. China & Russia would side with the North again.

We ain't going anywhere near N. Korea any time soon (yes I know we have people in SK), you can count on it. China will keep them somewhat in check, if they buck China the entire country will starve to death.

We ain't going anywhere near N. Korea any time soon (yes I know we have people in SK), you can count on it. China will keep them somewhat in check, if they buck China the entire country will starve to death.

China will indeed keep them as close to what they are now as possible. From the Chinese POV, the N Koreans are extremely useful even if they are basket cases.

Because they arent starving to death right now? :wacko:

They figure a little over a million people starved to death under KJI's rule, that is only about 4.2% of the population.(actually, that number is from the famine in the mid 90's... I'd say it is probably more like two million during his entire rule, so, say about 8,4% of the population has starved to death)

Edited by SEC=UGA

You can't tell me that isn't staged. :wacko:

It is staged to a great degree but:

According to Wolf Blitzer, who visited NK last year, the people really do admire and respect the "Dear Leader", because.........

..........the people have absolutely no frame of reference other than government propaganda from the moment they are born, and..........

.........they know what they are meant to show

It is staged to a great degree but:

According to Wolf Blitzer, who visited NK last year, the people really do admire and respect the "Dear Leader", because.........

..........the people have absolutely no frame of reference other than government propaganda from the moment they are born, and..........

.........they know what they are meant to show

I remember listening to a report on NPR where the reporters went to N Korea for an extended period of time and saying how it was like the Axis of Craziness and a lot of people genuinely believed the stories about Kim Jong and his otherworldly powers.

I remember listening to a report on NPR where the reporters went to N Korea for an extended period of time and saying how it was like the Axis of Craziness and a lot of people genuinely believed the stories about Kim Jong and his otherworldly powers.

Yeah, they do believe it but, again, they have literally no frame of reference whatsoever. It's not like East Germany where the people could hear West Berlin radio and knew darn well their world was a hellhole. N Korea jams radio and TV broadcasts from abroad and there's no Internet as such. It is a literal island where the only thing you hear from cradle to grave is how great the leaders are. You'd think it was impossible to so totally isolate an entire people in the 20th / 21st centuries but they have managed it.

There's a fantastic series of programs that were done by some Internet TV station (can't remember the name) a while back. The guy and his cameraman went to NK and filmed with a hidden camera. Amazing stuff.

Yeah, they do believe it but, again, they have literally no frame of reference whatsoever. It's not like East Germany where the people could hear West Berlin radio and knew darn well their world was a hellhole. N Korea jams radio and TV broadcasts from abroad and there's no Internet as such. It is a literal island where the only thing you hear from cradle to grave is how great the leaders are. You'd think it was impossible to so totally isolate an entire people in the 20th / 21st centuries but they have managed it.

There's a fantastic series of programs that were done by some Internet TV station (can't remember the name) a while back. The guy and his cameraman went to NK and filmed with a hidden camera. Amazing stuff.

Anyone know what/where we can find/see this?

And I think we should send them a GIANT firework to show our grief for their loss.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Being serious for a second, I am concerned about who will be stepping in to fill his shoes. We no jack sh*t about this young kid and I can see all of those Sr. level government members working to position themselves as his favorite. I hope and pray that things change over there but I see it getting much worse. I hope I'm wrong.

What I'm more worried about is the bat-Athena crazy military leaders deciding that now is the time to take over because they think the son to be too lenient or weak.

It's called The Vice Guide to North Korea - all 15 episodes are here on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ixGYzbLz0