[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

America has spoken

Sunday Couch Potatoe

We've already discussed this flash in the pan poll versus the true America's Team measured by more than calling people in the greater Milwaukee area. Packers are a great team, I think they are the best NFL team in the entire state of Wisconsin. But it's silly to pretend the 871,000 Goggle results on America's Team are anything but Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

You see that star, it's like sipping a cup of American Pride. I imagine if there was room, we'd see the 51st star on the American Flag just to represent the national team of the Cowboys.

Really, America likes the underdog. I think America latches onto the underdog when given a chance. Sure, there are more Cowboy fans than for any other team and that makes them the favorite for the majority of fans, but really America likes the underdog.

Find a coach who is an up and coming blue collar hard working man (John Madden), a player that over achieves b/c of heart (Bill Bates), that is what America loves.

Really, America likes the underdog. I think America latches onto the underdog when given a chance. Sure, there are more Cowboy fans than for any other team and that makes them the favorite for the majority of fans, but really America likes the underdog.

Find a coach who is an up and coming blue collar hard working man (John Madden), a player that over achieves b/c of heart (Bill Bates), that is what America loves.

Minor correct, more Cowboys fans than any other (of 32 teams) does not make them a majority. According the story linked by the OP the most popular team (Packers) are only the favorite team of about 20%, and that is far from a majority.

Minor correct, more Cowboys fans than any other (of 32 teams) does not make them a majority. According the story linked by the OP the most popular team (Packers) are only the favorite team of about 20%, and that is far from a majority.

TY. Yes, I meant the most fans, but I coulda sworn that I had seen polls from when the Cowboys were winning SB's that they did actually achieve the majority (50%). Of course, that has waned much since 1995, their last SB.

I did hear on Sirius NFL network that nearly 80% of their callers are Cowboy fans and have Cowboy questions/comment. Of course, they wouldn't play all those on the air or they would change the name of the channel to America's Team Channel, :wacko:

We've already discussed this flash in the pan poll versus the true America's Team measured by more than calling people in the greater Milwaukee area. Packers are a great team, I think they are the best NFL team in the entire state of Wisconsin. But it's silly to pretend the 871,000 Goggle results on America's Team are anything but Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

You see that star, it's like sipping a cup of American Pride. I imagine if there was room, we'd see the 51st star on the American Flag just to represent the national team of the Cowboys.

Yeah...after all they did win a title 15 years ago.

Isn't the real America's Team the Redskins?

Who lived in America first? Redskins.

Who actually plays at the nation's capital? Redskins

Who has lost almost all of their land to the enemy (or regularly loses their land to the enemy on Sundays)? Redskins

Who has warriors with cool names like Geronimo (or REX!)? Redskins

Who invited Patriots into their home just to have those Patriots beat them down? Redskins

:wacko: