[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Class by AP

Jimmy Neutron

Posting this here because it's more about life than football.

Peter,

My godson and I attended the Redskins/Vikings game on Christmas Eve. My godson and I worked very hard on preparing a banner in which he stated that all he wanted for Christmas was Mr. Peterson's autograph on his jersey. This was listed above a TWG mouthguard, PS 3, and a Redskins playoff season. It got the attention of the cameras, but more importantly his favorite player, Adrian Peterson. Mr. Peterson gestured that he would come over and sign the jersey, but to our dismay, he got injured. With only 3 minutes left in the game, Mr. Peterson sent his agent out to retrieve the jersey so he could sign it and requested a picture of my godson and myself holding the jersey in front of the banner. This was a class act! Mr. Peterson, despite being in pain and not knowing his future, kept true to his fans and word. I wanted to share this story with your readers and let it be known what caliber of man Adrian Peterson is off the field. Indeed, all role model for us all! Needless to say, he is my favorite player and my godson will remember it forever.

Dr. Michael Wright

Washington, D.C.

As we all know, AP was not just injured - he'd blown out his knee and still managed to pull this off. Bravo, Mr. Petersen. Bravo. :wacko:

I've loved AP since the moment I drafted him in his rookie season and he helped me win the championship. This story makes me love him even more. He's one of my very favorite NFL players right now and I'm a Bear fan.

Here's hoping he fully recovers and puts up some stellar seasons over the next couple of years.

In a league where guys do and say really stupid things, like comparing being an NFL player to being a slave, it's nice to see good guys like AP as well.

I'm not sure if the irony was intended (sarcasm meter is broken), but you do know AP was the one who said that, right?

I loved the guy at OU and remain a fan, but he has said some stupid stuff the last couple of years. This story helps renew the connection.

I'm not sure if the irony was intended (sarcasm meter is broken), but you do know AP was the one who said that, right?

:wacko: Now, I typically assume that Detlef is trying to be anything but funny, but there is no way that was accidental. This is the high water mark for detlef humor.

definitely a cool story and it's amazing how these kind of gestures can stay with a person FOR LIFE! all in all it only took AP a few minutes, but he's created magic for another person. makes you wonder why athletes wouldn't do this as much as possible ... could there be anything better than creating magic for others with just some simple actions?!?