[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OFFICIAL American Idol thread

jetsfan

The last dude, with the guitar -- crazy good.

Steven is leering at the 15 year olds a lot more intensely this season, and it's becoming a bit disturbing. The look in his eye isn't just, she's cute, it's, I'm going to her hotel room when we get to Hollywood.

Steven is leering at the 15 year olds a lot more intensely this season, and it's becoming a bit disturbing. The look in his eye isn't just, she's cute, it's, I'm going to her hotel room when we get to Hollywood.

The Thriller version was AWESOME!!

Phillip Phillips

that could be editing ...

i'm a phillip phillips fan.

Disagree with your first statement - guy was trying to be Dave Matthews.

Totall agree with you on Steven Tyler. He was giving the creep vibe big time. And when that World Serires pitcher dad heard ST say something about his 15 year old daughter being hot, humid and happening - he looked like he wanted to choke him. Creeeeeeepy.

And when that World Serires pitcher dad heard ST say something about his 15 year old daughter being hot, humid and happening - he looked like he wanted to choke him. Creeeeeeepy.

Dude, that was nuts. I can't believe they left that on TV. Sounded like a flipping pedophile.

Dude, that was nuts. I can't believe they left that on TV. Sounded like a flipping pedophile.

Yep. And as matt770 pointed out, ST was all googly eyed at every good looking girld who walked in there regardless of age. Most of the girls were 15-16. I like ST but that creeped me out.

Disagree with your first statement - guy was trying to be Dave Matthews.

+1

He sounded a little better with the guitar, but a very average voice for a singing contest. I had no idea what they were so impressed with.... I swear, the show is all sunshine and unicorn farts without Simon....

And holy hell was that NBA dancer girl smokin hot!! She looks like Carrie Underwood's even hotter sister.

What is it that you guys did not like? The only element missing seems to me is being mean to the bad singers not being shown nearly as much. The meanness of the Simon years has softened to show more of the backstories where the singers are coming from. I don't miss the meanness myself but that is the only thing I can see that has maybe changed.

What is it that you guys did not like? The only element missing seems to me is being mean to the bad singers not being shown nearly as much. The meanness of the Simon years has softened to show more of the backstories where the singers are coming from. I don't miss the meanness myself but that is the only thing I can see that has maybe changed.

It's not the meanness, it's the total lack of criticism (constructive or destructive). Every marginal singer or better is "amazing" and "beautiful". I don't miss Simon being an A-hole, but these judges are so milquetoast, I can't stand it. There isn't any judging coming from the judges. They are simply season-long celebrity guests.

I agree, I think the 3 judges have good chemistry and I don't miss Simon one bit. Randy's facial expressions when someone is really bad are priceless.

It was obvious last year that they were pushing the country singer. Hopefully they go in another direction this season.