[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

La Canfora Reports the Manning Era is Over...

kpholmes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the reports of him going to Arizona more and more. Despite the big Kolb contract I still think this is possible. And now there are rumors that D.Jackson would like to play in Arizona....imagine Fitz and DeSean with P.Manning??? Wow...

I like the reports of him going to Arizona more and more. Despite the big Kolb contract I still think this is possible. And now there are rumors that D.Jackson would like to play in Arizona....imagine Fitz and DeSean with P.Manning??? Wow...

I dunno there's no big contract QB in Peyton's way here and they are ready to contend right now with one of the best def. if not the best in the league.... how about Berkely boy DeSean back in the bay as the #1 alongside Crabtree and Davis( you know how Peyton loves his stud TE for an outlet) with J. Morgan as the 3. Peyton would look great in a niner uniform and maybe get to see little bro again in the Championship game to see who's in the 2013 Superbowl. :wacko:

Plus Harbaugh got a little Indy area pull eh?

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

I dunno there's no big contract QB in Peyton's way here and they are ready to contend right now with one of the best def. if not the best in the league.... how about Berkely boy DeSean back in the bay as the #1 alongside Crabtree and Davis( you know how Peyton loves his stud TE for an outlet) with J. Morgan as the 3. Peyton would look great in a niner uniform and maybe get to see little bro again in the Championship game to see who's in the 2013 Superbowl. :wacko:

Plus Harbaugh got a little Indy area pull eh?

People are speculating where he might end up. That's fine but it seems people are forgetting that there's a very god chance he doesn't play anywhere ever again.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I would much rather he retire. Unfortunately for the Colts (but good overall I'm afraid) he is not Favre and I very seriously doubt would suddenly then "unretire" to want to play again, esp after he saw how badly it tarnished Favre. But I would much rather that than see him in another uniform, and I don't just mean because of how much he would help them.

Edited by BeeR

In a presser today:

“It’s your responsibility to not make decisions for sentimental reasons,” Irsay said about Manning’s option bonus. “This isnt fantasy football.”

I take some offense to that...

why? :tup:

Irsay wants a winner :wacko:

That's fine but it seems people are forgetting that there's a very god chance he doesn't play anywhere ever again.

Shhh. Some people around here think that Manning is Dorian Gray and won't be effected by two years of aging (at age 36), that he will just shrug off 3 neck surgeries, nerve damage, protracted rehabilitation, and more than one year of innactivity and that he will be able to pick up with an unfamiliar team and system and lead it to a Super Bowl.

Edited by Furd

Shhh. Some people around here think that Manning is Dorian Gray and won't be effected by two years of aging (at age 36), that he will just shrug off 3 neck surgeries, nerve damage, protracted rehabilitation, and more than one year of innactivity and that he will be able to pick up with an unfamiliar team and system and lead it to a a Super Bowl.

yep.

I hope he gets into coaching.

I'm just going to say this.

I will never hold it against a player for holding out to get the most upfront money that they can. I know in our 99% world that getting 28mil sounds incredible for doing anything at all but the market is what the market is and if I could get 28mil for being one of the best for anything that I did then I would do it. Peyton was a major drawing ticket for Indy and as far as I am concerned he was always loyal to Irsay. I know it is business but if Irsay knows he is cutting ties with Manning then there should be no screwing around about it and he should just tell him. This BS hitting the news is what makes me hate owners. Treat a classy guy with class even if that means telling him the truth that it is the end.

Now having said all that, maybe Irsay still doesn't know it is the end and maybe he really is waiting it out. I sure would like to believe that when it comes to dealing with the QB that made you tons of money.

I will never hold it against a player for holding out to get the most upfront money that they can. I know in our 99% world that getting 28mil sounds incredible for doing anything at all but the market is what the market is and if I could get 28mil for being one of the best for anything that I did then I would do it. Peyton was a major drawing ticket for Indy and as far as I am concerned he was always loyal to Irsay. I know it is business but if Irsay knows he is cutting ties with Manning then there should be no screwing around about it and he should just tell him. This BS hitting the news is what makes me hate owners. Treat a classy guy with class even if that means telling him the truth that it is the end.

Now having said all that, maybe Irsay still doesn't know it is the end and maybe he really is waiting it out. I sure would like to believe that when it comes to dealing with the QB that made you tons of money.

I am 100 percent opposed to your line of thinking.

They have to keep it bottled up until after the super bowl, or that would be the only story covered til game time. Especially with the game in Indy.

Yep. This is exactly right. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Goodell even asked the Irsays to delay an announcement - especially with the game being in Indianapolis. Not saying he did ask - just that it wouldn't surprise me.

Couldn't it be that maybe IND is still negotiating in an attempt to keep Manning at a more reasonable price or with some kind of insurance clauses?

As to AZ signing Manning - c'mon guys, does anyone seriously think one team is going to commit that much cap space to one position knowing it can only field one of the guys at a time? The other option is trading Kolb - unlikely there will be any takers given his sizable contract that his performance hasn't come close to matching - or cutting Kolb and absorbing an $18M cap hit while getting nothing in return. Thinking Manning is going to AZ is pure fantasy.