[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Star Wars 3-D

Scooby's Hubby

I did not notice one part that benefits from being in 3-D, not to mention this is the weakest movie of the series. Lucas is depending on your kids talking you into taking them.

I doubt I could go in to SW3-D and see anyhting that would make me go "WOW", since I grew up seeing the origianls as a little kid, I got everything I need to get out of it, and my memory cant possibly be changed with gimics. If todays generation needs 3D in order to get them excited, then was the story really that good? I say yes, the story was that good. I say let the generation today see the movies as they stand, without 3D.

I know George Lucas as an individual always been involved in other productions, like The Raiders of the lost Ark movies, and has ILM involved in a lot of things, but it seems like he is contantly worrying that his movies need to technologically keep up. He rereleased the old parts 4,5,6 with CGI enhancements years ago, and now this 3-D stunt? He is coming off as a one who is looking for a a money grab when he might really not need it. Knowing he had enjoyable movies like American GRafitti and THX-1138 before the star wars series, I would love to see more original stories coming out of him.

They should make Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan into 3-D. That would blow anything Star Wars completely away. :wacko:

Again, I would watch it without 3-D over and over again. Maybe the 3D would get the new generation in the seats to see it, but for me, nah.

"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him."

"Revenge is dish a best served cold. It is very cold in space"

Great. Now I need to go watch it.

I know George Lucas as an individual always been involved in other productions, like The Raiders of the lost Ark movies, and has ILM involved in a lot of things, but it seems like he is contantly worrying that his movies need to technologically keep up. He rereleased the old parts 4,5,6 with CGI enhancements years ago, and now this 3-D stunt? He is coming off as a one who is looking for a a money grab when he might really not need it.

Could be. The other part is that he's always been ahead of his time incorporating technology into his work. It could be he just wants to see how his stuff looks with all this new technology at his fingertips.

My guess is it's a little bit of both.

Lucas needs to stop F'ing around with 3D and cartoons and make episodes 7-9. Between Kyle Katarn and Leia and Han's children, there's literally mountains of material that would be insanely good on the big screen. . .as long as Lucas himself doesn't direct. Seriously George, you've got the cash and the time. Do it.

I read somewhere all episodes will be released in 3d (1 per year)---he's doing them chronologically...and at first he balked at the idea until someone showed him a 10 minute clip of one of his films in 3d. My kids loved them before on dvd and really enjoyed seeing the 1st episode in 3d at the theater yesterday:)

and TimC I'm a trekky too:)) I remember tuning into star trek as a child with my big brother, Twilight Zone came on right after:))...I never watched star wars back then. I love them both now:)

I took my son to see Episode I on the big screen. As we were driving there, it occurred to me that this would be his first time seeing any of the movies (except the cartoon) on the big screen. It was pretty cool taking him there. The pod racing scene, space battle and Darth Maul fight were pretty good in 3-D.

I took my son to see Episode I on the big screen. As we were driving there, it occurred to me that this would be his first time seeing any of the movies (except the cartoon) on the big screen. It was pretty cool taking him there. The pod racing scene, space battle and Darth Maul fight were pretty good in 3-D.

Same here. Took my son yesteday, and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. This was the only one I hadn't seen in a theather (the twins were <1 when it came out, we didn't do much of anything that year).

Agree that the 3D didn't add much. Would have been cool if they incorporated a 'saber throw' across the audience.

And, I bet Qui-Gonn wishes Obi-Wan hadn't skipped the 'force heal' class at Jedi Acadamy! :wacko:

I saw Phantom in the theater, and i believe we watched it once on TV (I wanted to make certain it was as bad as I remembered). I love my son and all, but there ain't no way I'm sitting through that movie a 3rd time.

I took my son to see it this last weekend. I totally agree that the 3D didn't really do anything for the movie, but I was still glad to give my son a chance to see it on a big screen. I'm sure we'll see the others as they come out as well.