[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frontier Airlines--good, bad, what?

wiegie

I have to go to Las Vegas for a conference in a few months and the only airline that has reasonable flight times for me is Frontier. I don't know anything about them other than that they went bankrupt a few years ago and have been losing money ever since. Anybody have any thoughts about them?

I've always had good experiences, new planes, typically ppv TV access, nice enough customer service etc...but haven't flown them in a couple years. If money and/or schedule is the primary reason to chose a flight, then go with it. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

I've flown Frontier on pretty much all my trips to vegas for wcoff. Haven't had a complaint yet. Book everything online. I watch their rates for deals as the planes fill up. Last year found a decent rate on the trip out on thurs but the trip home on sunday was $100 more, i waited a couple weeks and it went down over $100 one day and i pounced on it. I'll pay a little extra to be able to pick my seat, with bad knees last few years, I'll pay the extra $20 i think it is for a seat in the front 6 rows which have an extra 6 inches of leg room. And as bushy mentioned tvs in the backs of all the seats. You can pay for that when making a reservation or swipe a CC on the plane for a $6 charge. I flew home late sunday afternoon opening weekend and was able to watch all the late games on the red zone channel.

It's an airline seat, who gives a chit? Get yer seat, park yer arse, get yer reading material out, put yer iPod on and suck it up.

my concern was with flights getting cancelled and me actually making it to my destination reasonably close to on time

(I could give a crap about comfort or anything like that, I just want to know if they actually get you to where they say they are going to get you any time near the time that they tell you they are going to get you there.)

my concern was with flights getting cancelled and me actually making it to my destination reasonably close to on time

(I could give a crap about comfort or anything like that, I just want to know if they actually get you to where they say they are going to get you any time near the time that they tell you they are going to get you there.)

As good a chance as any of them. It's a crap shoot. The vast majority of airlines get you where you want to go on time most of the time. It's just something to be endured for most of us.

Buy a ticket and take the ride. Anything can happen on a flight (weather, mechanical difficulties).....

You are spending way too much energy deciding which turd wrapped up is the best.

Frontier is about to open up direct flights from Bellingham to Denver in a couple months. If it makes a cheap flight for less time, which it will because it skips Sea-Tac, I won't spend much time pontificating on it.

Edited by bushwacked

I've flown frontier a good amount over the years. never had any significant problems that you aren't just as likely to have with any other airline. the fact that any where they go is a non-stop for me is nice. I've flown united and american less, but experienced more scheduling problems with those two than with frontier. almost always go with southwest over frontier for personal stuff these days just because they end up being cheaper (particularly with bag fees factored in).

I have been on their plane with the Bear on the tail and on the Dolphin one. Dozens of others as well. When you fly out of D.I.A. Frontier is a carrier you are likely to consider. They have a lot of gates here. They are no more degrading than any other carrier.

The days of gracious travel are long over. Pan Am and TWA are dead. Young hot stewardesses have aged into old cranky union employees calling themselves flight attendants. Linen napkins along side good meals are now recycled paper napkins along side a bag of Sun Chips. The Seats have no leg and hip room and every jackass in the world ignores the carry on size limits because they are terrified, and rightfully so, of giving their baggage over to the airline. These jackholes delay the flights for twenty minutes as they wedge their full size travel trunks into overheads only after banging them off of the head of the old lady unfortunately sharing their aisle. Inevitably they say they hope you had nothing fragile in your bag right after the sound of breaking glass is heard during their last shove of their bag to make it fit above. During these delays the self important bitch in the row ahead of you will inevitiably start a phone conversation with an old sororiety sister. She will invariably have to refuse to turn off her cellular device until after she has had a five minute argument with the flight attendant, further delaying the flight. During this time the coughing kid with the constantly running nose will decide to give up bothering you so that he can pester the only two passengers who were not subject to secondary and tertiary searches before boarding. Those would be the two semetic looking gentlemen with long beards wearing flowing robes and sweating profusely as they look fertively about the cabin and speak amoungst themselves

in angry Farsi.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders