[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

March Madness Thread

Gopher

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the postgame discussion and while some calls were horrendous, a UNC-asheville guy who was low on the block most definitely had his foot in the lane before the shot left the free throw shooters hand (even though in the game everyone was focused on the guy coming from behind the shooter). Either way, it really sucks to see bad calls go to the #1 seed at the end of the game in the opening round.

Just watched the postgame discussion and while some calls were horrendous, a UNC-asheville guy who was low on the block most definitely had his foot in the lane before the shot left the free throw shooters hand (even though in the game everyone was focused on the guy coming from behind the shooter). Either way, it really sucks to see bad calls go to the #1 seed at the end of the game in the opening round.

Apparently, in college ball, a player behind the shooter can't cross the free throw line until the ball hits the rim (I believe that's what the rule says). If that's the case, looks like it was the correct call, and the announcers (who are supposed to know, or at least check on, stuff like this) overreacted for nothing.

Still, the goaltending was blatant and clear as day. The out-of-bounds play could've been a foul, but it wasn't called that way. It was pretty obviously knoced out by a Syracuse player, so I don't think the ref should be let off the hook just because it looked like a foul.

Go VCU!!

So, I put together two brackets in a hurry this morning and VCU stopped both of them from being perfect up until now. Neiter of those wrong picks were bracket busters, but I wonder what I was thinking picking VCU's 1st round opponent going to the sweet 16 in one of the brackets though. Oh well, not overthinking the first day has paid off bigtime so far, relatively speaking.

Edited by bushwacked

I should've had you pick my brackets. :kicksrock:

it only gets harder to win bets, now. kinda easy in the first round. the 100% is for betting, not brackets.

As far as brackets... I did pick K St. to beat Syracuse, that would help me alot. The thing with picking brackets is you can't take all the upsets. It is really hard to make yourself pick upsets against the top seeds, too. I like to go with good guard play and that is why I have VCU winning one more game. Just hoping someone can take out Mich St., eventually. Picked Kentucky for Nat'l. champ.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby