[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunger Games

Scooby's Hubby

I've got my tickets... pretty excited for this one!

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this will blow the doors off of all previous box office opening weekends in the U.S.

Don't know about a record, but the numbers are adding up to a $125million + weekend, which is sky fricking high.

• Like 1

I went with a couple of friends yesterday (one had read the book).....we all loved it!! One of my friend's hubby tagged along too, he loved it as well. Not at all a chick flick, no mushy lovey dovey stuff lol!!! My friend that read the book first said it was very similar, and really captured the emotions like the book did. Two thumbs up I say:)) I'm headed to the store today to get the books:))

I went with a couple of friends yesterday (one had read the book).....we all loved it!! One of my friend's hubby tagged along too, he loved it as well. Not at all a chick flick, no mushy lovey dovey stuff lol!!! My friend that read the book first said it was very similar, and really captured the emotions like the book did. Two thumbs up I say:)) I'm headed to the store today to get the books:))

13 year old son is on the second half of the last book and loves them. He went to see the midnight showing on Thursday with his mom and said it was awesome and very true to the book as well. Enjoy the books Scoob!

• Like 1

read all 3 books and it was amazing how they captured it just as i had visualized it from reading. the lead female was perfectly cast. it was so true to the book that i knew exactly what was going to happen, which probably dampened it a bit. but then if i hadn't read the book, i wouldn't have all the backstory in my head, which adds to it. so probably a wash.

curious what those thought who didn't read book ...

I read the books & really liked the movie. It always amazes me how you can't fit everything in a movie. It was 2.5 hours & they still had to leave some backstory things out. Jennifer Lawrence was a perfect choice for Katniss as she nailed the part.

Edited by Timmypg

I took my daughter on Friday. I thought it was great. The actress that played Katniss was excellent and really a beautitul girl. I had no clue what is was about going in so I saw it with no knowledge of the story. 2 thumbs up from me and lil whompette

Read the books, saw the movie yesterday and REALLY enjoyed it! I think I will re-read the first book and then see the movie again. Catching Fire is scheduled to come out in November of 2013 (you know, if the Mayans haven't destroyed the world by then).

I've got my tickets... pretty excited for this one!

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that this will blow the doors off of all previous box office opening weekends in the U.S.

Don't know about a record, but the numbers are adding up to a $125million + weekend, which is sky fricking high.

Came in 3rd for all-time domestic opening weekend... pretty damn good!

"The Hunger Games" has filled fan appetites with a $155 million opening weekend that puts it near the top of the domestic record book.

The huge haul marks the third-best debut ever in terms of revenue, behind the $169.2 million opening for last year's "Harry Potter" finale and the $158.4 million opening of 2008's "The Dark Knight."

Saw it Sunday. My boy read the book for school in class and loved it. I haven't read the book yet but thoroughly enjoyed it. Only read a little on it before seeing it but felt it covered things well. Now onto the books to find out how it continues.

Ok, read the book last week. The movie compliments the book very well. But this is a movie where you should definitely read the book before seeing the movie. The movie leaves gaping holes. It waters down the characters and the storyline. Still a good movie, Im just glad that I read the book before I went so I had some background on the characters.