[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(Somewhat) bold predictions for the 2012 Fantasy season

Papajohn

Fixed.

they were pretty close in numbers, with Calvin having only 6 more catches and 300 more yards with one less TD than Gronk. If it is a league where TEs get any bonuses, then Gronk may just be the best. You wanted bold I give you bold - Gronk could go before all WRs is many drafts ...

A total failure, as in producing less than he did in NE?

Looking at my league (no PPR, 1/10 rush, 6 pt TDs) he was 24th in 2011 and 15th in 2010. His 2 year average is 800 yards and 12 TDs, that would appear pretty reasonable as the starting RB in CIN.

In my main league he averaged 9.5 ppg, which would put him at 26th in my league. I think his total yardage last year of 826 yards will be similar to this, but I don't see 11 TD's.

I'm thinking 840-5TD;s

Here is bold...

Randall Cobb outscores Jermichael Finley and Jordy Nelson in fantasy production in 2012.

I will say that classifies as bold. That's by far more bold than mine.

graham and gronk both went right after Calvin in Keggers new league ..

http://football.myfa...ns?L=57979&O=17

TE's are no longer afterthoughts, BOLD, and are first round material.

I didn't look up the scoring, but the guy's own comment says that TE's get an improved amount of PPR in that format. So in that format it might make sense. If everybody starts taking TEs in the first 20 or so picks, I'm just going to assume this is the new fools gold and pick up some value. Maybe I've just been lucky, but TE is a spot where I've either found value, been able to platoon two reasonable players into good scores, or grabbed a guy off the WW that produced well. If I can get a top %er at a decent price, I'd consider it, but 1.10 is too rich for my blood.

I didn't look up the scoring, but the guy's own comment says that TE's get an improved amount of PPR in that format. So in that format it might make sense. If everybody starts taking TEs in the first 20 or so picks, I'm just going to assume this is the new fools gold and pick up some value. Maybe I've just been lucky, but TE is a spot where I've either found value, been able to platoon two reasonable players into good scores, or grabbed a guy off the WW that produced well. If I can get a top %er at a decent price, I'd consider it, but 1.10 is too rich for my blood.

It is only Gronk and Graham that will go that early. In a dynasty league where you must start a TE and with a TE bonus I think it is reasonable.

graham and gronk both went right after Calvin in Keggers new league ..

http://football.myfa...ns?L=57979&O=17

You used a league where the TE's get a .5 PPR bonus over WR's. Not exactly a popular format, and he STILL couldn't even get into CJ's zip code.

By the way I don't disagree with this general sentiment, a difference-maker is a difference-maker, but first round material is a bit aggressive, and over Calvin Johnson is downright silly.

Personally, I don't think TEs should be awarded extra points, but as I stated in my origianl post, those type of leagues could have TEs going in the first round. Anytime you can find a TE with approx 90 catches you have got you something (PPR leagues). Of course I take Calvin over all WRs and TEs, but then you have to consider guys like Gronk, who got 90+ catches and 17 TD last year, which matched Calvin's numbers. A guy like Fleener could be a good grab late in dynasty leagues.

In many leagues, there is always that guy who takes a plunge.

BenJarvis Green-Ellis won't finish the season in the top 25 in terms of RB scoring.

He wasn't great with defenses consumed with fear over slowing down the Patriots passing attack. Why will he be now?

I tend to agree with this. I don't mean the top 25 part necessarily, but with the general principle. BGE has zero, and I mean absolutely zero, burst. His longest run of the year last year was 18 yards. Now he'll be going to a weaker offense that has a weaker offensive line than the pats. He is also not a receiving threat out of the backfield. The only thing working in his favor is that ALL of the Bengals RBs are pretty horrible, so he figures to get a lot of reps, albeit as part of a running game that will likely be one of the worst in the league. Brown is certifiably myopic to have not targeted a running back at some point during the early stages of the draft when he had a multitude of picks and there were plenty of decent options that were available as late as the 4th round. And Andy Dalton is hardly a gunslinger to carry the offense with, for that matter.

Edited by Crazysight

:lol: Oh my... thank you for that.

Not even close to be as crazy as this one :D

Mike Shanahan will pick one RB to be his workhorse and he will become a fantasy stud for the season.

Mike Shanahan will pick one RB to be his workhorse and he will become a fantasy stud for the season.

even when he does intend to stay with one back, he ends up getting hurt anyways....and this is coming from one of the few people who have had few complaints from drafting a Shanahan back over the years...