[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

another south TX rattler

Scooby

I'm not sure if I'm posting this pic right, but here it is:

http://i450.photobuc...696384906_n.jpg

this is a pic from my friend's friend, killed right by my hometown...which we are visiting next weekend lol!! I'll be having some nightmares about this rattler, I've never seen one this big in/near my hometown. Hope I dont offend anyone by posting the pic:(

That's a freaking rattler? Did it's daddy bang a python or something? What the hell?! Seen my share of rattlers in CA during the years I lived there. Many at museums and zoos, but a couple in the wild. Gotta say, the biggest I saw was nothing remotely near that size.

Not to be a dick, but I received that same picture a few years ago claiming that it was some dude in S. GA that killed that rattlesnake.

But, yes, that thing is giant.

And Det, I haven't seen them quite that large in SO. GA, but have heard rumors of them crossing dirt roads and stretching from one end to the other. Those eastern diamondbacks can get HUGH!!!!

Here's a link to the origins of the snake.

http://www.gon.com/a...id=2484&cid=158

Edited by SEC=UGA

Where is that? I'll be hunting next weekend down near Bracketville and I sure hope I don't come across any of those.

You'll be a long way away from where that snake was killed; 1,258 miles according to Mapquest.

You should go the a rattle snake round up, if seeing that one gives you nightmares, about 100 of 'em in a ring on the ground will really make you unsettled.

There is a huge roundup in Claxton, GA, about 30 miles from where this snake was killed, which is quite a sight to behold. There is a parade, the crowning of Miss. Rattlesnake Roundup, delectible morsels made from rattler and alligator, guys skinning, tanning and making goods from rattlesnake skin and a bunch of idiots (hundreds of them) going out into the wilds and catching copious numbers of rattlers.

As I was typing that, I was going to post a link... It seems that they have changed the scope as of this year it is now a "humane wildlife festival".... Glad I got to go once when it was still cool.

http://www.enn.com/press_releases/3921

Edited by SEC=UGA