[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kids Summer Camps

Scooby

Got my boy signed up for a few, I think his favorite will be the Lego Battle Robotics at LeTourneau University--they have a bunch of Lego-based day camps for kids, using basic engineering, robotics, physics, etc. so it sounds very educational and very fun at the same time. Also signed him up for F.A.S.T. Football Camp, they have 3: one in Tyler, TX, one in Longview, then one in Marietta, Georgia. Matt Flynn, Colt McCoy, among others have attended this football camp:

http://www.fastfootballcamps.com/AboutUs/index_E.html

Fill me in on some other cool camps for your kids in your area. I'm always interested to see what's up in other parts of the country. Hope everyone has a great weekend:)

As far as camps, we've got them signed up for a sailing camp (7 year old will do it, I thnk the 5 year old will wait till next year), I know my wife has them signed up for a camp at the local wildlife preserve, they'll probably do some days at Bounce U (bounce house place where they mix doing crafts/educational stuff with play time in the bounce houses). Also have basketball season for the 7 year old, practices start in june and games run through end of August - 5-year old will be doing a basketball camp that runs an hour each Saturday morning for 6-8 weeks.

I think they are doing a Bible Vacation School that runs in the evening for one week.

Most of these events are times when my three nephews are out from Anshville for a month so that the kids stay occupied.

Add in plenty of trips to Grandma's to go swimming or to the beach, and it's a very full summer.

Ah, good memories. I did Camp Hi-Rock in MA in my early teen years. You're gone for two weeks and hundreds of miles from home, so it's the real deal. Hugh pristine lake with tons of activities and the food was actually pretty good. Since it's a YMCA camp they made us take swimming lessons which meant endless laps every morning, but the kayaking, waterskiing, soccer, rocketry, shooting .22's and just general hijinx with a bunch of other kids was an experience I'll never forget. So many little things I can remember about my times there, it's crazy the things that stick with you.

The highlight though was the second Thursday of each session, the "co-ed" where we met up with the girls' camp for a day of activities and a dance with a DJ at night. So in the afternoon you mingle, and those of us not afraid of girls would scope out the ones who you could tell felt the same way about the 13 days away from the opposite sex, and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. By dusk all the counselors were hooking up too, so there was no adult supervision and it became a free-for-all. It was there that I learned that girls from Stratford CT (1-hour bus ride from where I lived) were total whores, and I mined that treasure trove for years afterward.