[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Earthquake in Turkey made cats suicidal

matt770

Meeeeooooooooowwwwwwwww....splat.

The magnitude 7.1 earthquake that struck the Turkish city of Van on October 23rd of last year has led to an increase in feline suicide attempts, according to Professor Abuzer Tas of the Faculty of Veterinary Studies at Van's Century University.

"After the quake that jolted Van, a large number of cats are throwing themselves from heights," said Prof. Tas, who attributes the suicidal tendencies to psychological disorders developed as a direct result of the quake.

"They are getting fidgety by remaining in confined areas for a long time," he said, "and they are throwing themselves out in order to free themselves."

The professor did not provide exact figures to back up his conclusion, but said the university's animal hospital has seen an uptick in Van cats that have sustained broken bones after jumping from great heights.

So I'm in Mersin. My buddy's place is on the 16th floor of a building in the complex that looks out toward the Med from the front balcony and a balcony off of the side looks out into the courtyard/pool area. I'm out on the side porch looking down in the courtyard and this scene unfolds:

Dude is walking his dog in a grassy area in the courtyard. Minding his own business, the dog is sniffing around. About 10 feet away there is some rustling in the bushes and like a bolt, a cat breaks toward this dog. THe cat attaches itself horizontaly to the side of the dog who screams and tries to take off, the dog is leashed, the owner lurches forward.

The owner is finally conizant of what is going on and runsto the aid of his pooch. The cat dismounts the dog and attaches itself to the thigh of the owner, who is now screaming and trying to run with the cat attached to his leg. The dog comes to the aid of his owner, at which point the cat attaches himself to the head of the dog. The owner kicks the cat, his dog in the head, to dislodge the cat, who again attaches himself to the owner.

This was the most comical 25 to 30 seconds I have ever seen in my life, the cat going back and forth mauling these two.

Finally the cat has enough fun, jumps off the dog and slowly strolls back over to the bushes as the dog and his owner are a quivering mess in the middle of the courtyard.

So I'm in Mersin. My buddy's place is on the 16th floor of a building in the complex that looks out toward the Med from the front balcony and a balcony off of the side looks out into the courtyard/pool area. I'm out on the side porch looking down in the courtyard and this scene unfolds:

Dude is walking his dog in a grassy area in the courtyard. Minding his own business, the dog is sniffing around. About 10 feet away there is some rustling in the bushes and like a bolt, a cat breaks toward this dog. THe cat attaches itself horizontaly to the side of the dog who screams and tries to take off, the dog is leashed, the owner lurches forward.

The owner is finally conizant of what is going on and runsto the aid of his pooch. The cat dismounts the dog and attaches itself to the thigh of the owner, who is now screaming and trying to run with the cat attached to his leg. The dog comes to the aid of his owner, at which point the cat attaches himself to the head of the dog. The owner kicks the cat, his dog in the head, to dislodge the cat, who again attaches himself to the owner.

This was the most comical 25 to 30 seconds I have ever seen in my life, the cat going back and forth mauling these two.

Finally the cat has enough fun, jumps off the dog and slowly strolls back over to the bushes as the dog and his owner are a quivering mess in the middle of the courtyard. So, this one time I took mescaline.......

Fixey.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Finally the cat has enough fun, jumps off the dog and slowly strolls back over to the bushes as the dog and his owner are a quivering mess in the middle of the courtyard.

:rofl:

So I'm in Mersin. My boyfriend's place is on the 16th floor of a building in the complex that looks out toward the Med from the front balcony and a balcony off of the side looks out into the courtyard/pool area. I'm out on the side porch wearing my speedo, sunning myself while drinking a refreshing glass of chardonnay. This scene unfolds:

I'm minding his own business, and 10 feet away there is some rustling in the apartment, and like a bolt, my boyfriend lurches towards me. The rascal attaches himself horizontaly to the side of my leg. I scream playfully while acting coy and tries to take off, but the dong is unleashed, and I lurch forward.

My boyfriend dismounts the dong and attaches himself to my shaved chest, while I sigh with joy. My boyfriends dong comes to life, at which point the I attach myself to the head of the dong.

This was the most satisfying 25 to 30 seconds I have ever had in my life.

Finally we have had enough fun, I jump off the dong and slowly sips the rest of my chardonnay. My boyfriend is a quivering mess in the middle of the apartment.

Fixed to match your MH photo.