[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gatsby? What Gatsby?

kpholmes

Did you see the mid-1990's film version of The Scarlet Letter with Demi Moore and Gary Oldman? The one where Indians ransack the town and Hester and Dimmesdale run off into the sunset together?

I think I'll reserve judgment on this one until I find out for sure that the author's story hasn't been crapped all over. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson and Gatsby make up at the end of the film and become oddball roommates who tickle the audience's funny bone by putting up with each other's quirky eccentricities.

ETA: OK, I just watched the trailer. . .new thoughts:

1. It's Baz Luhrmann. Liked Moulin Rouge, loved his Romeo and Juliet. I'm going to declare him innocent until proven guilty.

2. The background song is Jack White covering U2.

I'm sold.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I like the trailer a lot. I have a little nightmare vision of whatshername Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" though, with the anachronistic soundtrack in the period piece.

Luhrmann makes super stylish and frenetic movies, and when all is said and done, Leo is pretty money when it comes to making a dramatic role. With both this production of a still-timely story, and playing the villain in the upcoming Tarantino flick due to come out at christmas, you got to think he's cementing himself as an all-timer, if he hadn't already.

Leo is pretty money when it comes to making a dramatic role. With both this production of a still-timely story, and playing the villain in the upcoming Tarantino flick due to come out at christmas, you got to think he's cementing himself as an all-timer, if he hadn't already.

I think he did that with his role as Luke on Growing Pains!

Were you all in on "Australia"? Not that I saw it, but I heard it was Hugh (Jackman) pile of trash.

Agreed. However, Moulin Rouge was brilliant. Lets hope he found his way back to that style of directing.