[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've got rabbits

matt770

I'm seeing more and more of them. I have not noticed any damage to crops or ornamentals yet but I assume it's only a matter of time. The puppy seems disinterested, and he's greatly outnumbered anyway.

How can I quickly and effectively annihilate every rabbit? Firearms are not an option as we're in the suburbs.

Where you live you can use firearms.

But, seriously, don't. They'll arrest you in about 17.3 seconds. Then you'll go to jail. Then you'll bond out. Then you'll go to court. Then you'll go back to jail. Then you'll get anally violated. Then you'll get out of jail. Then you'll miss being anally violated. Then you'll have problems with your marriage when your wife gets upset when you ask her to anally violate you. Then you'll get divorced. Then you'll move to midtown where you can get anally violated mor often. At this point your life will suck, all because you tried to be Elmer Fudd.

I have a bunch of rabbits running around. THey have never been an issue. Now, the Canada Geese.... Fuc(king Migratory Bird Act of 1918...

I have a bunch of rabbits running around. THey have never been an issue. Now, the Canada Geese.... Fuc(king Migratory Bird Act of 1918...

Dude, an empty 20 oz. Coke bottle and some duct tape can make a dandy silencer for a .22 Not that I'm advocating violating GCA '34 mind you, but that's what I've heard... :whistle:

Dude, an empty 20 oz. Coke bottle and some duct tape can make a dandy silencer for a .22 Not that I'm advocating violating GCA '34 mind you, but that's what I've heard... :whistle:

The freaking geese, in two days, took down 76 corn plants in my garden. I had to replant and build a cage, 40 feet long by 15 feet wide around the whole thing to keep 'em out. I was chasing 'em around with a pitch fork the other day, about got one. People driving by must have been very amused.

• Like 1

I see a lot of rabbits in my yard, more this year, but don't have any crops or other plans I'm worried about them eating. Mostly see them munching on grass or weeds.

As far as cats, there's a stray around all the time too (since I've moved into the house 5+ years ago) and it doesn't seem to bother the rabbits (or squirrels, skunks, etc.)

Basset hounds love rabbits and will chase them all day...unfortunately the hound will be unable to find it's way back to your house without a lot of assistance.

My dog is half Basset hound. Maybe when he gets older he'll have some hunt in him. Right now he's more interested in running around with a stuffed lamb in his mouth that is bigger than his head.

I've tried in the past to get rid of rabbits on our property without resorting to a pest-control service, but I wasn't successful. I finally had to hire a professional service that put out poison bait stations in areas where humans and pets can't get to them. Rabbits....GONE!

My dog is half Basset hound. Maybe when he gets older he'll have some hunt in him. Right now he's more interested in running around with a stuffed lamb in his mouth that is bigger than his head.

Replace the stuffed lamb with a dead rabbit, and he'll come around quickly.

do you have kids or pets? does it hurt them? How much did it cost for how much fence? Is it fully enclosed to keep birds out too?

It cost $50 for the actual module. I had some metal post for bracing some young trees that I didn't need anymore, so they are my solid corners. I have 6 plastic posts ($6 each) that are designed for temporary electric farm fences which allows me to have one rope/wire about 6" off the ground for the rabbits and one at the top about 3' off the ground for the deer. The rope/wire was something around $20 and I have enough to last a lifetime. I think there is like a half a mile on the roll. I am about $100 for the intial investment and this is the third year and it is working great again. Last year I buried a PVC pipe for a water spicot and also did conduit for an electrical cord otherwise I had a extension cord I had to pick up everytime I mowed. I really don't have a lot of problem with birds, but the deer and rabbits were eating me out of house and home. I live on the edge of town with no backyard neighbors. I don't have kids, but I have a dog and the neighbors have three that are often in the yard and mine in theirs. I asked them about it and they all agreed that the dogs will learn quickly and they have. One zap per year.

Edited by Rebellab

On a side note, Rebellab's idea also keeps solicitors and kids off yer lawn. Only problem is shoveling their limp body into the sewer drain.

It may be difficult for little old ladies like yerself; a real man has no issue with this.

somethun in my brackyard ate a rabbit down to the bone leaving only the head and a black sac full of maggots :hscratch:

Cats never did that just tore the head off

Turkeys?

Raccoons?

Probably a chupacabra. They are common here in GA too.