[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Football player exonerated of rape after 10 years

matt770

IMO, the accuser should spend the same amount of time in prison as he did, and he should be awarded such an insanely huge amount of money that anything she earns for the rest of her life should go straight to him. This story is just infuriating, the kid's life was completely ruined because of someone else's lie. Worse, his lawyer advised him to take the plea deal instead of going to trial, because presumably the jury would take one look at this big black kid and believe the girl, and he'd go away for 40+ years potentially. Just another example of the system being broken.

:link:

His accuser friended him on Facebook after he was released from prison with a strange request to make “bygones be bygones”.

With the help of a private investigator, she was recorded admitting she made the whole thing up and was reluctant to come forward because of a settlement she had reached with the school district.

Sorry about lying and putting you in prison for 10 years, but I really wanted that settlement money. Wanna be Facebook friends? Like.

:huh:

Dude is far more forgiving than anyone should ever be expected to be.

I've heard several stories where people who are exonerated of serious charges (rape, murder, etc.) react this way. They recognize after years of living with it (in jail, or even after) that being angry with the person that did wrong (if there are actually individuals who lied to put them there) does them no good. Carrying around a lot of anger and hatred will not give them back those lost years.

Its not unlike people who lose a loved one saying "doesn't matter how the punish the person who killed them, I don't get my _____ back".

I've heard several stories where people who are exonerated of serious charges (rape, murder, etc.) react this way. They recognize after years of living with it (in jail, or even after) that being angry with the person that did wrong (if there are actually individuals who lied to put them there) does them no good. Carrying around a lot of anger and hatred will not give them back those lost years.

Its not unlike people who lose a loved one saying "doesn't matter how the punish the person who killed them, I don't get my _____ back".

I get that. But, assuming he maintained the track he was on, he was in line to be 4 years into a multi-million $$ NFL contract right now. Not begging for a shot after having spent the last 10 years either in jail or house arrest, labeled a rapist.

Kid obviously has spent that time wisely, because a lesser man, and basically none of us can say with any certainty that we wouldn't have fallen into this, would have emerged from this a bitter man destined for a messed up life.

I get that. But, assuming he maintained the track he was on, he was in line to be 4 years into a multi-million $$ NFL contract right now. Not begging for a shot after having spent the last 10 years either in jail or house arrest, labeled a rapist.

Kid obviously has spent that time wisely, because a lesser man, and basically none of us can say with any certainty that we wouldn't have fallen into this, would have emerged from this a bitter man destined for a messed up life.

I can say with relative certainty that I would have emerged from this a bitter man. And a fat one too. Kid kept himself in shape. I hope he gets a chance, although, I doubt he will. And if he does I doubt he will be competitive.

I can say with relative certainty that I would have emerged from this a bitter man. And a fat one too. Kid kept himself in shape. I hope he gets a chance, although, I doubt he will. And if he does I doubt he will be competitive.

truth