[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disturbing e-mails could spell more trouble for Penn State officials

Azazello1313

But having said that, the real damage IMO was already done to Penn State before a single penalty was handed down. What recruit who had a choice would want to go there anyway?

They actually had a pretty highly ranked recruiting class (I believe one of their highest in years). That Hackenburg QB was rated as the 6th best QB prospect in the nation and he still may go to Penn State. ESPN had their recruitment class rated in the top 20 which is pretty unreal for all the bad press Penn State had this last year (deservedly so).

That being said, the whole situation is fooked. Nothing would match the crime. Hopefully the legal process will take care of lose ends. The NCAA is more of a hall monitor than a FBI.

I don't think there would be any proceeds. :thinking:

Sure there would be. There are sadly many people that still look up to him and think he was screwed by PSU. I heard when the statue was being taken down that a group of protesters were there chanting something (forget what) in support of Paterno.

Sure there would be. There are sadly many people that still look up to him and think he was screwed by PSU. I heard when the statue was being taken down that a group of protesters were there chanting something (forget what) in support of Paterno.

"We Are" - "Penn State"

Which to me sadly steals from a true "loss" story of "We Are" - "Marshall" where there was reason to support a uplifting cause.

ETA: which oddly enough had a hand by Bobby Bowden (the new winning-est coach of all time) in helping Marshall rebuild.

Edited by millerx

ETA: which oddly enough had a hand by Bobby Bowden (the new winning-est coach of all time) in helping Marshall rebuild.

Keep yer FSU homer crap to yerself.

"We Are" - "Penn State"

Yeah that was it, realized that last night while reading something else. I suppose not really something in support of Paterno, but I'm sure that's how they meant it.

Point remains, many still have a soft spot for him, and somebody would surely fork over some $$$ for that statue (if they were selling it, which they probably won't).

We'll never see the dp again. If you saw "Pony Excess" the NCAA guys in that doc basically said the Dp worked too well and had far longer consequences than they expected.

Penn State had the hammer brought down, and they'll be competing with Northwestern for the Big Ten Basement for a decade. That should at least get people to thInking about true priorities there. Now bring on the civil suits.

And the Paterno family needs to go slither under a rock and shut t f up.

We'll never see the dp again. If you saw "Pony Excess" the NCAA guys in that doc basically said the Dp worked too well and had far longer consequences than they expected.

It can be done safely if the lady is properly prepared with a quality water-based lubricant. If you're using ponies though, obviously it takes a seasoned veteran to accept that kind of girth.

Penn State had the hammer brought down, and they'll be competing with Northwestern for the Big Ten Basement for a decade. That should at least get people to thInking about true priorities there. Now bring on the civil suits.

And the Paterno family needs to go slither under a rock and shut t f up.

Not really....compare the penalties to the ones of USC...They will be fine.

Let's compare USC's punishment for improper benefits to the one handed to Penn State for the concealment of child sex abuse:

• $60 million fine for Penn State(THEY MAKE THIS IN ONE YEAR BUT GET TO PAY IT BACK IN FIVE)

• Two year postseason ban for USC, four years for Penn State

• USC loses 30 scholarships over 3 years, Penn State loses 40 over 4 years

• A national championship and two conference titles won by USC are vacated, Penn State loses all wins from 1998 to 2011

• Four year probation for USC, five years for Penn State

• Players can transfer without penalty in both cases

Surprisingly, not a huge difference, considering the crimes. I keep hearing about the unprecedented penalties PSU is saddled with. Well, no other school did anything nearly as heinous to warrant that kind of punishment. If covering up multiple instances of child molestation/rape doesn't give a school the death penalty, I don't know what does. This basically says that Penn State needs to play football no matter what, which is BS. The State College economy is dependent on the University, not the football team. If the Penn State football loyalists are going to cry as if they're the real victims, the NCAA should have gone all the way with a four-year death penalty.

I'm fine with the punishment. The NCAA had to come down hard on them. I'm sick of hearing a large group of my fellow PSU fans complaining that what was done had nothing to do with the football team, i.e. it didn't help them win on the field. Get over it......it was a football problem because the administration and the head coach put the football program over the welfare of innocent children. It is unforgiveable and a severe punishment was needed and warranted.

As for me, I do feel bad for the current players, the recruits, and new coaches. They didn't do anything at all to deserve this. I know they are going to do a lot of losing for the next several years, but, I'm going to support these players and coaches, as they try to rebuild a program that was destroyed by the sick actions of a pedophile and the leaders who covered up for him. I am humiliated and embarrassed by what happened, but, I'm still proud of the fact that Penn State athletes graduate at among the highest rate of Division 1 schools. It is still a great academic university, and I hope that they can pull together and recover from all of this eventually. It is time to move forward and stop trying to complain that we were wronged. The acts of leadership at the university tarnished the program, and I just hope that eventually it can be recovered.

• Like 1

Not really....compare the penalties to the ones of USC...They will be fine.

Let's compare USC's punishment for improper benefits to the one handed to Penn State for the concealment of child sex abuse:

• $60 million fine for Penn State(THEY MAKE THIS IN ONE YEAR BUT GET TO PAY IT BACK IN FIVE)

• Two year postseason ban for USC, four years for Penn State

• USC loses 30 scholarships over 3 years, Penn State loses 40 over 4 years

• A national championship and two conference titles won by USC are vacated, Penn State loses all wins from 1998 to 2011

• Four year probation for USC, five years for Penn State

• Players can transfer without penalty in both cases

Surprisingly, not a huge difference, considering the crimes. I keep h

I really don't think you have the scholarship number correct. I've seen articles stating they get 65 TOTAL for the next 4 years, which over that period means they get as many per year as a Div AA school. Multiple reports are maybe floating? That's number is certainly a hammer if correct, and the 4 year bowl ban effectively takes away the next two years worth of classes.

Maybe a bigger fine? But the civil suits are still forthcoming and that'll add to the total. Plus, like it or not (and I really don't) the NCAA had its hands tied since this is an 'off the rulebook' punishment, that they had no precedence on.