[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Replacement Officials

Scooby's Hubby

I don't know what others thought, but I thought these guys called a pretty good game tonight. No real "botched" calls, and there were a few "no-calls", but really - every NFL game there's always some questionable plays that weren't called.

All in all, I thought they did a pretty decent job... :shrug:

I don't know what others thought, but I thought these guys called a pretty good game tonight. No real "botched" calls, and there were a few "no-calls", but really - every NFL game there's always some questionable plays that weren't called.

Agree.

I agree ... although there may have been a missed PI on Cruz .. and I didn't see the PI on Bennett (but he scored the TD anyway). Either way I don't think the game is called much differently with a "regular" officiating crew on the field.

I think the crew did a pretty good job last night. That being said, I'm fairly sure the NFL made sure they put one of their best replacement squads on the nationally televised opening night game between the Giants and Cowboys. That doesn't mean that as a whole this replacement official stuff isn't going to cause some problems.

• Like 1

The crew did a good job spoiling the prewritten story line about thier ineffectiveness which you could just tell Collinsworth and Michaels were dying to break out.

Yeah and how many times did Al give us the refs background (where he officiated, his real job as a middle school teacher and AD, etc). Which got me thinking, middle schools have an AD? I don't even think we had any organized athletics when I was in middle school (we called it Junior High back in the 70s).

Anyway, agree with the agreement of the agreeing that the officials basically did a good job. Missed PI (holding really) call on Cruz in the end zone being the only one that stood out. (Oh and the calling an illegal block in the back on a kick "clipping - personal foul" when it was neither).

I didn't notice a difference. The referee did a really solid job of controlling the game. There weren't a ton of excruciating conferences to try to figure out what they were doing. They were decisive and weren't really all that noticable.

We'll see how Sunday goes.....

I didn't notice a difference. The referee did a really solid job of controlling the game. There weren't a ton of excruciating conferences to try to figure out what they were doing. They were decisive and weren't really all that noticable.

We'll see how Sunday goes.....

And I saw that those yesterday graded out the best amongst the replacement officials, thus getting that game.

By continuing to ask for the pension plan, the NFLRA will shoot itself in the foot and they will all lose their 80-100K per year PART TIME JOBS.

We should just stop calling them the replacement refs and now refer to them simply as , the NEW refs.

• Like 1