Sign in to follow this  
marcheese

Who to nominate first?

I have my 16 team keeper auction league draft today, and was looking for some input on who to nominate first. I only need to draft 3 players, but have a lot of money to spend on those 3 players, while most teams have the same amount or less money, but with a lot more players to draft. I finished 16th last year, so I have the first nomination.

Do I nominate someone I want, or someone I don't want, like a potential sleeper who I want GMs to over-spend on?

Last year in this league, Brandon Marshall was nominated first and was drafted at a very reasonable price compared to where he probably would have been drafted if nominated later.

Any thoughts?

I don't have much experience in auctions, but have participated in a few. For me, I would most often nominate guys I didn't want but knew other people would burn through a big wad to get them. The first few nominations, it seems like people are amped to spend money.

In your case I would actually advise nominating someone you want with the first pick. Generally the first nom's in any position go for cheaper as most are waiting for either "their" player or they're trying to gauge the priceline of the position.

Def knows best. As the top tier of positional players go off the board the chance of getting value drops as the frenzy starts to get the few that are left.