[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cannabis smoking permanently lowers intelligence

Azazello1313

I don't have time to read the link right now, but do they differentiate between habitual smokers that started after they were 21 and those that started when they were younger? Just wondering. I don't find it surprising that kids doing a drug while their brains are still forming could have permanent damage, but I'd be surprised if adults (say 21+) are permanently affected to any real measure (or at least more than alcohol).

I don't have time to read the link right now, but do they differentiate between habitual smokers that started after they were 21 and those that started when they were younger? Just wondering. I don't find it surprising that kids doing a drug while their brains are still forming could have permanent damage, but I'd be surprised if adults (say 21+) are permanently affected to any real measure (or at least more than alcohol).

yep, that (starting age) is a clear difference that they note as coming out of the research, and the data points in the direction you suggest. adult habitual users also suffer an IQ drop, but they can more or less "get it back" after they quit. people who start as kids get less of it back.

yep, that (starting age) is a clear difference that they note as coming out of the research, and the data points in the direction you suggest. adult habitual users also suffer an IQ drop, but they can more or less "get it back" after they quit. people who start as kids get less of it back.

Meh, I still say we should legalize it then and just make 21 the min age.

Your thread title is misleading. The whole point of the article is to point out that kids/teens who become habitual smokers suffer from the stupids. I agree. I didn't start until my mid 20s.

And drinking does absolutely nothing to lower your intelligence level.

True, as proven this Cliff Clavin knowledge bomb, The Buffalo Theory:

Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Your thread title is misleading. The whole point of the article is to point out that kids/teens who become habitual smokers suffer from the stupids. I agree. I didn't start until my mid 20s.

So you were this way BEFORE the Josh Gordon? :shocking:

In all seriousness, wasn't this all known decades ago?

Haven't you read, weed is good for you. There are no bad side effects from Josh Gordon and people who smoke it suffer no loss of motor control while high, unlike people who drink.

Further, from growing Josh Gordon we could reap huge environmental benefits as the fiber from the Josh Gordon plant can be turned into rope, cloth and many other useful things with less environmental impact than farming cotton or sheep.

Further, weed has great medicinal properties. It cures everything from cataracts to gout.

Haven't you read, weed is good for you. There are no bad side effects from Josh Gordon and people who smoke it suffer no loss of motor control while high, unlike people who drink.

I'd say its no worse for adults than alcohol. And if we actually legalized and regulated Josh Gordon you would have less children smoking pot.