[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Wilson

fingfootball

I left him on the bench in all four leagues I own him in, never even entertained the idea of starting him.

Then I also benched DeMarco in 1 of 2 leagues I own him in, for Sproles, so guns not in mouth just yet, heh.

Edited by PPIchamp

As a fellow Wilson owner in some leagues, you know what we are waiting for, the annual Bradshaw injury. That is the only time I will start Wilson. You know it is a matter of when. Wilson has alot of heart and I feel that the Giants coaching staff will work with Wilson in protecting the football. The Giants need him.

• Like 1

There were a couple times he had the ball he appeared to hold it very sloppy. Dude needs to seriuously thnk about how he holds the ball before he becomes anything at all. I think he will get better at it, but I think the preseason optimism obviously needs to be tempered just a bit (my own included).

I think what people fail to remember every year, is that in preseason the defense is either the second/ third team defense or the first team defense going half speed b/c they don't want to get hurt.

They also forget that second string offensive skill players get a lot more opportunity as starters are rested or sit out with minor injuries. When the real games start, those guys play and the backups get a lot less touches.

BTW, he wasn't holding the ball that badly when it was stripped, just a good direct shot. Sure he could hold it up high, tight to his chest with two hands/arms. But plenty of RB carry the ball on their hip/side with only one hand/arm to protect it and don't fumble a lot. Didn't notice much how he held it on other plays.

They also forget that second string offensive skill players get a lot more opportunity as starters are rested or sit out with minor injuries. When the real games start, those guys play and the backups get a lot less touches.

BTW, he wasn't holding the ball that badly when it was stripped, just a good direct shot. Sure he could hold it up high, tight to his chest with two hands/arms. But plenty of RB carry the ball on their hip/side with only one hand/arm to protect it and don't fumble a lot. Didn't notice much how he held it on other plays.

There was one in particular, I believe on a kickoff, where when he was tackled, he had only one arm on it, and it was kind of up in the air. The Dallas defender was trying to rip it out, but he was down and it wouldnt have been a fumble. Still, he seems somewhat careless with the ball in his hands.

he fumbled and got benched...and he's a rookie so he has to be taught a lesson. there is nothing else to see here. forget preseaon forget his college days. if you started him this week then you are at fault. there is a long way before he gets started in a 12 person league imo.

i believe he is the future here and can be very explosive but he has to earn his stripes. lucky for the gmen they have a capable back so he can learn at the appropiate pace.