[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

caught in the middle of a family fued

Scooby

My 2 older sisters have begun an all out war and I am caught in the middle; Sister A got really angry at Sister B for having to leave a labor day family gathering a day early early to pick up a new dog and travel back to her home in NOLA to beat the labor day travel rush. Sister A is also mad at sister B for deciding to take on an overseas travelling ministry with her husband's seminary, which would require the rest of the family to take care of their 5 kids up to 30 days/yr...My parents have already agreed to take care of the kids, problem solved. The keep emailing one another, calling me everyday to tell me their side of the story, asking for support/advice from me. Sister A is calling sister B self-righteous & self-centered, both are bringing up old beefs from the past and it is causing a lot of stress for me too, I love them and just try to listen and encourage them to agree to disagree and move on. I'm not sure what to do from here, so any advice very much appreciated.

On a positive note, I had the pleasure of meeting Bier, Atm, Big Country, GTS, Montster, Kokid, Bushwhacked, (hope I didnt leave anyone out;). I cant say enough about this group of guys, intelligent, gracious, humorous, with big hearts and sharp minds for fantasy football. Great times and memories and I hope to see them again next yr. Take care all:)))

I'm betting you had fun with most of that group (except Bushie, of course)

More importantly, stay out of it. Tell 'em that they need to work their issues out with one another and not try and fight a proxy war through you. If they want to call and see how yer doing, great... If they want to call and complain about the other sister, don't bother calling.

ETA: Look at it this way... You're only "caught in the middle" if you allow yerself to be there.

Edited by SEC=UGA

More importantly, stay out of it. Tell 'em that they need to work their issues out with one another and not try and fight a proxy war through you. If they want to call and see how yer doing, great... If they want to call and complain about the other sister, don't bother calling.

ETA: Look at it this way... You're only "caught in the middle" if you allow yerself to be there.

Yup.

My mom talks about my drunk uncle every time I talk to her. He calls her in the evening completely blitzed and proceeds to blather incoherently for an hour, and often doesn't remember the conversations the next day. Well guess what, when my phone rings in the PM hours and I see it's him, I don't answer. Problem solved. Some people seem to revel in gossip and drama, yet pretend like they're really put out. It's kind of transparent when the interactions are so avoidable.

Look at it this way... You're only "caught in the middle" if you allow yerself to be there.

GREAT advice here.

Scooby - "Hello, Sister A! I'm so glad you called, I love you and have been DYING to talk to you!"

Sister A - "Did you hear what Sister B did?"

Scooby - "Talk to you about ANYTHING but Sister B. Gotta go!"

good posting

Why have 5 kids to leave them with relatives to go overseas to take care of other peoples' kids?

Sister A is right.

Hey Club. You dont have to convince me man.,I have always been "Team Sister A"