[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This forum

Czarina

It's people like stevegrab that have killed the funny in this place

Well, he, square, irish, waterman, mm, you get the point.

Oh, and puddy, montster, chavez, matt, nuke, timc and all the other minorities.

Basically Americans are learning that the internet isn't a place for free speech. You gotta run your own forum for that.

Big Show: +5.0

• Big Show’s lead widened to 5 points from 2 points on Tuesday, as he continues to chip away at key Shamus support.

• Big Show’s edge among independents widened to 20 points from 18 just a day before.

• Shamus lead among women narrowed from 10 points to 8 points.

• Big Show also continues to make inroads among middle-class voters, moving from a 6-point lead against Shamus with this group to a 10-point lead.

• The current data include only polls taken after Big Shows’s resounding debate win over Shamus on Oct. 3.

• Hell in the Cell is scheduled in about 3 weeks.

• The Miz and C.M. Punk square off tomorrow night with Micheal Cole as the moderator.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/special-report/508415-ibdtipp-poll.aspx#ixzz28wI2dnpM

Apparently there is a new word in the language filter. Fraud = Show.

The site is pretty good IMO and even though a few members seemed to go out of their way to run me off early claiming I was someone else or hated that I am conservative from a political perspective, it was not a big issue.

We just didn't like you because your a Cowboy fan.

(Just kidding DMD :out:)

IMO the slide started when they started trying to police whole broad topics rather than actual objectionable behavior. then they enforced it sporadically, inconsistently, and haphazardly -- "seagull moderation" if you will ('the seagull moderator flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything then flies off again leaving a big mess behind'). that started causing resentment among many posters, and one by one many of them started going out in a blaze of idiocy in "protest". others got annoyed and less interested as a result, either annoyed with the moderation, or annoyed with the people who push the moderators. the pattern keeps repeating itself in a continual downward spiral. I would say that all they really accomplished by banning topics was to dumb down the discussion of those topics and turn the whole place into a grown-up romper room. like many others, I am pretty bummed about that because I consider a lot of the old huddlers good friends and I miss what we used to have here.

IMO the slide started when they started trying to police whole broad topics rather than actual objectionable behavior. then they enforced it sporadically, inconsistently, and haphazardly -- "seagull moderation" if you will ('the seagull moderator flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything then flies off again leaving a big mess behind'). that started causing resentment among many posters, and one by one many of them started going out in a blaze of idiocy in "protest". others got annoyed and less interested as a result, either annoyed with the moderation, or annoyed with the people who push the moderators. the pattern keeps repeating itself in a continual downward spiral. I would say that all they really accomplished by banning topics was to dumb down the discussion of those topics and turn the whole place into a grown-up romper room. like many others, I am pretty bummed about that because I consider a lot of the old huddlers good friends and I miss what we used to have here.

Sheesh.... "Grown Up Romper Room", seriously, show me one time in romper room where they openly discussed favorite ice cream, unicorns, Disney vacations or any other hard hitting, potentially, life changing events.

C.M. Punk muffs Shamus’s tax plans during debate

C.M. Punk on Thursday seemed to open the door to adjusting Shamus's tax increases to only apply to those making $1 million or more a year — a much higher threshold than the $250,000 level they had pushed previously.

But the Shamus campaign said Friday that C.M.Punk was only “providing an illustration” of how the tax increase would be divided out and that the president sticks by his bigger tax-increase plan.

Moderator Michael Cole says that C.M.Punk was rude and smiles too much.

Edited by moneymakers

When did I get thrown in with the riffraff? I'd call you a cunt, but you lack the warmth and depth.

:D

Or you could go in the other direction and actually call the person that name because they are a stinking hole. Either way, though I think I like yours best.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I love this forum but the Tailgate went downhill around 2008 when it became a political pi$$ing match. I don't click on anything remotely political in nature because its the same yada yada every time. There is nothing interesting or fun about arguing about whose team which politicians are better. Its those people that ruin this place. Too bad they can't find a politics message board....

I love this forum but the Tailgate went downhill around 2008 when it became a political pi$$ing match. I don't click on anything remotely political in nature because its the same yada yada every time. There is nothing interesting or fun about arguing about whose team which politicians are better. Its those people that ruin this place. Too bad they can't find a politics message board....

+1

And I'm sure they'd SNICKERS that one up too

I am not a big fan of the topics about what video games people are currently playing.

I don't click the link. It's really not that difficult.

Edited by gbpfan1231

One thing that stinks is when there is a good discussion going on (like after the first presidential debate), then some CHIPS AHOY! is said, and the thread gets gunned. I think it would be helpful if the thread were locked but left there, so

1) we can finish reading the relevant parts

2) we can see what posts were made to get it locked

Deleting should really be a last resort.

Another thing others touched on is the moderation. A thread can be started that has political discussion (what else was the debate going to be about), but then when somebody goes over the line (or maybe somebody complains to the admins) the thread is gunned. There is a "no politics rule" but people regularly discuss politics. I'm on some forums that just do not tolerate political discussions at all. (The users are not primarily anonymous, but know each other and have regular contact.) People accept that and just don't get into the discussions at all.

Still think the forums (both football, and non football including the tailgate) are informative and fun. Maybe not as good as before, but I wasn't here then so I don't know what it was like. (I lurked years ago, but rarely looked outside the football and advice forums.)

One thing that stinks is when there is a good discussion going on (like after the first presidential debate), then some CHIPS AHOY! is said, and the thread gets gunned. I think it would be helpful if the thread were locked but left there, so

1) we can finish reading the relevant parts

2) we can see what posts were made to get it locked

Deleting should really be a last resort.

Another thing others touched on is the moderation. A thread can be started that has political discussion (what else was the debate going to be about), but then when somebody goes over the line (or maybe somebody complains to the admins) the thread is gunned. There is a "no politics rule" but people regularly discuss politics. I'm on some forums that just do not tolerate political discussions at all. (The users are not primarily anonymous, but know each other and have regular contact.) People accept that and just don't get into the discussions at all.

Still think the forums (both football, and non football including the tailgate) are informative and fun. Maybe not as good as before, but I wasn't here then so I don't know what it was like. (I lurked years ago, but rarely looked outside the football and advice forums.)

Does this actually happen? I thought most people who used this site were over the age of 5?

Some are physically over the age of 5, but in reality are sissy little whining narcs.

Does this actually happen? I thought most people who used this site were over the age of 5?

Whiny little sissy narcs. They should never visit the internet if they are ever offended by anything said here. This place is very gentle compared to others.

Shamus 45%

Big Show 51%

Michael Cole in Tuesday night's smackdown, after appearing to side with Shamus on the question of whether he called the Libya strike a terror attack from the start, conceded afterward that Big Show was "right" on the broader point -- that the administration for days insisted it was a spontaneous act.

Edited by moneymakers