[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to Nashville, TN

paulzale

This has worked well for me in the past when going to Milwaukee, WI and Destin, FL.

I am taking my 17 year old nephew for his October break this coming weekend (guys trip). We are leaving from Indianapolis and going south on I-65. Looking for ideas of things to do on the drive and once in Nashville. We are staying near Opryland, but I don't mind driving while we are there 15-20 miles each way would be acceptable. He likes a variety of music as do I. He is much more of a country fan than me and is into Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons, etc. right now. He also likes history, civil war stuff, food network tv places they have featured, brewery tours (but I think that was because in Wisconsin they allowed sampling if he was with his guardian, which was me). This is the list I can come up with so far.

Drive Down

- Corvette Museum in BG, KY

- Smoky Piq BBQ in BG, KY from Alton Brown's show

Nashville

- Grand Ole Opry

- Studio B

- Andrew Jackson's Home

- Country Music Hall of Fame

- Lane Motors Museum

- Yazoo Brewing Co

- Parthenon

- Vanderbilt University (anything besides walking campus?)

- Cooter's Garage (corny, but everyone like Dukes of Hazzard, right?)

- I'll search food network's website for food joints

Really looking for musical venues, any other must see's, things to take off my list and of course food stops.

Thanks!!

This has worked well for me in the past when going to Milwaukee, WI and Destin, FL.

I am taking my 17 year old nephew for his October break this coming weekend (guys trip). We are leaving from Indianapolis and going south on I-65. Looking for ideas of things to do on the drive and once in Nashville. We are staying near Opryland, but I don't mind driving while we are there 15-20 miles each way would be acceptable. He likes a variety of music as do I. He is much more of a country fan than me and is into Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons, etc. right now. He also likes history, civil war stuff, food network tv places they have featured, brewery tours (but I think that was because in Wisconsin they allowed sampling if he was with his guardian, which was me). This is the list I can come up with so far.

Drive Down

- Corvette Museum in BG, KY

- Smoky Piq BBQ in BG, KY from Alton Brown's show

Nashville

- Grand Ole Opry

- Studio B

- Andrew Jackson's Home

- Lane Motors Museum

- Yazoo Brewing Co

- Parthenon

- Vanderbilt University (anything besides walking campus?)

- Cooter's Garage (corny, but everyone like Dukes of Hazzard, right?)

- I'll search food network's website for food joints

Really looking for musical venues, any other must see's, things to take off my list and of course food stops.

Thanks!!

UT is playing Bama in Knoxville this Sat. You're a short ride to Knoxville, two hours, and should consider trying to score some tickets. Or, you could go to the Vandy/AU game.

Edited by SEC=UGA

That is what I'd prefer to do, but he isn't as interested in Football as I am, besides we go to 4-5 Big Ten games a year.

Oh, my, I see... I'll find a link to off broadway plays showing in Nashville for the little fella.

I'm just messing with ya. :woot:

I've not been to Nashville much. However, the last time I was there we went to a place called the Stockyard, very good restaurant but a bit pricey. http://stock-yardrestaurant.com/

We also went to a strip club, the name of which evades me, do not go to strip clubs in Nashville. But the highlight of it all is when we were sitting there with one of the working girls, an older lady, late 30's gets up on stage, we were sitting there not paying attention and then the sitting girl with us prompts us to "tip my mom".........

Tip or the whole thing...... :brow:

It's a good thing that in Nashville when the wimmen are naked you have to be 3 feet away from them at minimum. I wouldn't want my tip or whole thing within 3 feet of that woman.

I have another good story from that club, but I don't wanna get yer thread gunned.

I had a good trip with my nephew and figured I'd let everyone know what we did.

Drive Down

- Corvette Museum in BG, KY - Always something interesting to see

- Smoky Piq BBQ in BG, KY - A different take, it is vinegar based but delicious. Had the pork shoulder platter, mmmm

Nashville

- Grand Ole Opry -Pretty cool and I'm not a country fan

- Studio B - Add on package for the CMHoF, really cool and the tour guide made it with the stories she told!

- Prince's Hot Chicken - Not the best part of town, but absolutely delicious, thought about going back a second time

- Parthenon - If your in the area

- Cooter's Garage (corny, but everyone like Dukes of Hazzard, right?) - Schtick, but nostalgic for fans of the show

- The Bluebird cafe - Can't say enough about this place. Really cool, and probably one of the best live music experiences I have ever had! Made the trip worthwhile, I'd even consider the 4 hour drive again just for a visit to this place.