[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Patriots main problem -

snoop2

They played just fine missing Hernandez. They didn't play as well when they had Hernandez yet insisted on not playing Welker as much. Don't look for a repeat of last year when Gronk went off. That's not sustainable by one guy. The overall production is sustainable as an offense, and I think they can be even better this year collectively. The secondary does indeed need help. Personally, I love it, as I have Brady on multiple teams. The more they have to score, the better! :tup:

Watched the NE-SEA game on NFL Replay last night, pretty good game. They really did mess up not getting at least a FG on that possession to end the half after the turnover. Was really surprised they ran a play with only 6 seconds left instead of just kicking a FG. Too much can go wrong wtih that little time, including the throw away by Brady resulting in a intentional grounding penalty and 10 second run off to end the half. Brady made a comment (they used in Replay) that he probably needed to throw that closer to one of his receivers to avoid the penalty.

I agree their offense was clicking, seems like its been on fire since they started running a lot more no huddle. Even helps the run game.

Oh and watching that game I kept wondering "where is Ridley, why is Bolden playing so much". Don't recall hearing he was injured, so why was Ridley on the sideline so much? (Goes back to that "Are Ridley owners concerned thread?")

Oh and watching that game I kept wondering "where is Ridley, why is Bolden playing so much". Don't recall hearing he was injured, so why was Ridley on the sideline so much? (Goes back to that "Are Ridley owners concerned thread?")

It was a statement by BB to Ridley to hang on to the rock. If there is one thing that BB can not stand, it's fumbles.

It was a statement by BB to Ridley to hang on to the rock. If there is one thing that BB can not stand, it's fumbles.

Right, but I remember people in that "should Ridley owner's be concerned" thread saying that won't happen, Ridley is the most talented and BB will continue to use him. To which I said "You cannot count on that". Turns out there was a chance BB would sit him, they just wanted to ignore that chance.

Belichek isn't as brilliant as everybody thought.

Breath easy, I tell myself. Let it pass, it's not worth getting into it.

All I can say is just wait for the playoffs. The Pats will be there knock on wood and no one will care how they got there then.

Right, but I remember people in that "should Ridley owner's be concerned" thread saying that won't happen, Ridley is the most talented and BB will continue to use him. To which I said "You cannot count on that". Turns out there was a chance BB would sit him, they just wanted to ignore that chance.

I'd still be hesitant on the "jump-off-of-Ridley-bandwagon" fad right now. Good buy-low prospect IMO. Although the backfield could easily end up being a classic NE RBBC, the ceiling on Ridley is too damn high to panic. He is high risk, but chances are no one spent much more than a mid-late round pick on him, so don't complain. The kid can play, opportunity will be there it may just be sporadic.

EDIT: The Pats also threw a GOOFY amount of times last week v. Seattle, and considering Seattle has a stringent run defense, I think Belichick/McDaniels were planning on going pass-heavy, which naturally leads to more Woodhead.

Edited by bostonsoxandy

Breath easy, I tell myself. Let it pass, it's not worth getting into it.

All I can say is just wait for the playoffs. The Pats will be there knock on wood and no one will care how they got there then.

Relax, it was a joke. Sure they will be in the playoffs, seems the AFC is full of teams that will finish with at best 9-10 wins. I wouldn't count on a deep run if they don't improve on defense.

I'd still be hesitant on the "jump-off-of-Ridley-bandwagon" fad right now. Good buy-low prospect IMO. Although the backfield could easily end up being a classic NE RBBC, the ceiling on Ridley is too damn high to panic. He is high risk, but chances are no one spent much more than a mid-late round pick on him, so don't complain. The kid can play, opportunity will be there it may just be sporadic.

EDIT: The Pats also threw a GOOFY amount of times last week v. Seattle, and considering Seattle has a stringent run defense, I think Belichick/McDaniels were planning on going pass-heavy, which naturally leads to more Woodhead.

I'm not jumping off any bandwagon or suggesting people drop or trade Ridley. Just making note of the fact that he did lose carries and plays to Bolden during that last game. Some here (I think you were one) made it sound as if there was zero chance that Ridley sees any reduction in playing time unless he is injured. Fumbles, poor production, other schemes of offense, none of them would affect him. And it was stated with absolute certainty. Many knew that he could lose carries, and have good reason to be concerned about that.

Relax, it was a joke. Sure they will be in the playoffs, seems the AFC is full of teams that will finish with at best 9-10 wins. I wouldn't count on a deep run if they don't improve on defense.

I'm not jumping off any bandwagon or suggesting people drop or trade Ridley. Just making note of the fact that he did lose carries and plays to Bolden during that last game. Some here (I think you were one) made it sound as if there was zero chance that Ridley sees any reduction in playing time unless he is injured. Fumbles, poor production, other schemes of offense, none of them would affect him. And it was stated with absolute certainty. Many knew that he could lose carries, and have good reason to be concerned about that.

I don't know if I would classify my statement on Ridley as "absolute certainty"

Pats homer here, and Ridley owners shouldn't be concerned. The dude is legit. Bolden will get his, but not before Ridley has the opp to get his first. If Ridley becomes ineffective he will be pushed aside but I don't see that happening at all (barring injury of course). Bolden is worth a roster spot absolutely, since one or two more Ridley mistakes could lead him to riding the pine; but I don't think Ridley will make those mistakes. Kid is for real and Belichick will ride a RB hard if they are stud (see: Dillon, Corey).

EDIT: Btw 16 carries for 32 yards or whatever it was is ineffective. Although I was wrong in not seeing this happening, he was playing Seattle which is a top-3 run defense this season.

Edited by bostonsoxandy

The only problem I see with NE is their secondary. Run defense is good, offense is good, and special teams. They lack a good secondary. If they could get that sorted out I believe they would be a good SB contender this year

Their secondary does have issues. I'm also worried about the o-line right now, not the same as it has been.

Their secondary does have issues. I'm also worried about the o-line right now, not the same as it has been.

Yes, Brady is under pressure more than he has been lately. He has enjoyed some pretty stellar pass protection in recent years and it is not as good this year.

Their defensive backfield is still their biggest problem though. They were terrible last year, and they are a little better than terrible this year, so at least they are moving in the right direction.

Brady's decision-making late in games isn't what it used to be.

I think the Pats have to start looking at who's coaching the secondary in addition to the personnel they have on the field. They have guys who started out well whose skills are backsliding, IMO, see McCourty and Chung.

In the Seattle game, the offense was stifled for the whole second half. The very questionable O line that had held up remarkably well in the first half became swinging doors.