[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin

fingfootball

EVERY year there comes a time when Calvin Johnson has some reported injury and you (or I) question whether or not to start him. Every year I've erred on the side of caution and sat him. While I can't recall the reports being as negative as the one posted above, I've always sat him when the going got tough. And I got burned EVERY TIME. And yet, here I sit wanting to sit him also (for Torrey Smith in my case). Sigh...

At least Smith is better than my choice of Hankerson this week. At least Hankerson has a good match up but if he drops another sure TD like last week he will never get another target. :(

Edited by Ice1

Im an Australian, so the game that Calvin is in starts at 5 am. should i just bench him, because i will be asleep. he will be replaced by mike wiliams tb.

At least you have Mike WIlliams ... I would just go ahead and put in Williams.

I have always wanted to ask an Aussie this - Are you a Chris Lilley fan? Me and Scooby love him and Angry Boys is awesome!!!

• Like 1

honestly, could i get burned, sure, but i'm not benching calvin. he plays, then he stays in my lineup and i think those who are benching him are making a mistake, especially for much lesser options.

haha yeh Chris Lilley is a really funny comedian, even though he cops it from many media people about his work. In his show summer heights high, his principal in that was my principal in real High school. So i got to Meet him and even when acting hes a funny guy.

• Like 1

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Sunday Countdown that Calvin Johnson (knee, questionable) is expected to start Sunday's game at Jacksonville.

Mort said nothing about a limited role, or Johnson perhaps only playing on third downs, as Pro Football Weekly suggested in a Saturday report. "League sources say he is determined to play and is expected to start," Mort reported Sunday morning. Look for Johnson to be active and start against the Jags, with his exact snap count perhaps being determined on a game-flow basis. We'd recommend keeping Megatron locked into fantasy lineups.

He is on pace for 100.57 receptions...what more do you want from a 1st round pick?

He is on pace for 1458.29 yards...what more do you want from a 1st round pick?

How about a better rank than 20th in my league? Lower if you include tight ends. Heath Miller is ranked ahead of him. Calvin has disappointed so far.

Edited by MikesVikes

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Sunday Countdown that Calvin Johnson (knee, questionable) is expected to start Sunday's game at Jacksonville.

Mort said nothing about a limited role, or Johnson perhaps only playing on third downs, as Pro Football Weekly suggested in a Saturday report. "League sources say he is determined to play and is expected to start," Mort reported Sunday morning. Look for Johnson to be active and start against the Jags, with his exact snap count perhaps being determined on a game-flow basis. We'd recommend keeping Megatron locked into fantasy lineups.

Same here.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that wide receiver Calvin Johnson expects to start vs. Jacksonville. Analysis: Johnson intends to fight through his knee injury and Mortensen did not report any suggestion that the stud receiver may be limited to third downs, which had been speculated to the contrary earlier in the week. If Johnson is a go, he should be plugged into fantasy lineups unless you have a safer stud ready to plug in his place.

I said it before and I'll say it again, he should be in your lineups, especially if you don't have solid options and even those options better be guys like Steve Smith, Harvin, Desean Jackson, etc.

So Calvin sitting out hurts Titus Young Value? I need Calvin to play!!

And I find it quite funny that people were expecting another monster year from Calvin. I mean teas got burnt last year, I don't think they would allow that to happen again. Plus something about Stafford is off.

There is a difference between expecting him to have another monster year (similar to 2011) and being disappointed that he only has 1 TD in 8 games. Don't have time to check the numbers but I'd bet he's averaged at leats .5 TD/game over then last several years (even tossing out the huge 2011).

Even though he is active and starting I'm leaving him on my bench and playing Lance Moore instead (who has very similar projections and rankings). Doesn't really matter since I'm 2-6 and my season is likely over.

Yes something about Stafford is off, and Calvin as well. The fact that Calvin's only TD this year came when Stafford was out is also troubling.

There is a difference between expecting him to have another monster year (similar to 2011) and being disappointed that he only has 1 TD in 8 games. Don't have time to check the numbers but I'd bet he's averaged at leats .5 TD/game over then last several years (even tossing out the huge 2011).

Even though he is active and starting I'm leaving him on my bench and playing Lance Moore instead (who has very similar projections and rankings). Doesn't really matter since I'm 2-6 and my season is likely over.

Yes something about Stafford is off, and Calvin as well. The fact that Calvin's only TD this year came when Stafford was out is also troubling.

.5 = 8 TDs/year...big difference from .75-1.0(12-16)

in four years prior to last year he averaged 8.25 TDs/game

.5 = 8 TDs/year...big difference from .75-1.0(12-16)

in four years prior to last year he averaged 8.25 TDs/game

So is having 1 TD after 7 games versus 10. Which is the point being made to begin with.

News Flash: 10 TDs thru 7 games rarely, I mean RARELY every happens...adjust your expectations accordingly

News Flash: They were and have been adjusted. I never thought that I'd see that type of production very often, however, having only 1 TD to this point has been disappointing and there's nothing wrong with being disappointed with that lack of production with having expected that he would have a handful or so by now.

Edited by irish

News Flash: 10 TDs thru 7 games rarely, I mean RARELY every happens...adjust your expectations accordingly

Well, he is on pace to have 2 touchdowns at seasons end, in the future I will adjust my expectations for my first round pick to reflect this more..... :thinking:

Well, he is on pace to have 2 touchdowns at seasons end, in the future I will adjust my expectations for my first round pick to reflect this more..... :thinking:

:rofl:

Exactly!! Keggerz is struggling to understand this point. Nobody is expecting 16 TDs on the season every year but only getting 1 TD from your STUD WR, the #1 overall ranked WR on every site to start the season, and 1st round selection is disappointing.

• Like 1