[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster Management for the Playoffs - Depth or Studs?

Judge Smales

Just curious what folks do with their teams if you are set up for a playoff run. Last year I was set up nice for a playoff run when AP went down, luckily I had depth at RB with AP, Bradshaw and Reggie Bush, Bush stepped up and I still ended up winning the league. This year sitting at 6-3 (played against the weekly high score 3X this year)

12 team league, play QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, D/ST. Perf. Scoring

My roster is:

Ryan, Freeman

Rice, DMartin, Ridley, JBell, DThomas

VCruz, VJax, JNelson, Shorts, DHB, TY Hilton

MBennett, Pitta

Bryant

SD, DEN

This year sitting in a similar spot with 3 good RB's, Nelson has been good at WR, but only a few great games, I am weak at TE. Last year I played it safe, kept the depth at RB and it worked out.

What does everyone else do, depth or target another stud at WR / TE. I hate to have to sit Ridley's points every week (this is a good problem to have), but could potentially upgrade my WR3 or TE with him.

I could try to move Ridley and target Julio Jones, TGonzo, another top TE or WR, or sit with the depth in case one of my RB's go down.

i do a combination of matchup/team situations and studs upgrades (although in my league we are lucky if there 3 trades all year so it doesnt mean a whole lot)...i think the depth for injury concerns is a good safe bet but depends more on who u are dealing with....certain guys make you nervous (ap , mcfadden,nicks) come to mind off the bat) where i think you should either try to land their rb handcuff or have a backup plan.....

remember also there seems to be alot of end of the year guys who step up out of nowhere due to injuries, teams in the playoffs and resting, teams out of the playoffs and trying out different things

I like Nelson as your WR3.

But I would try to trade Ridley for Gonzo or another TE to upgrade.

You've got Thomas to backup Bush but you need to pickup Pierce to backup Rice, unless someone has him for some strange reason. So as long as your 2 RB's are handcuffed, you don't have to worry about trading away Ridley.

This is the time of the year that I trade away unnecessary depth and grab backups of my starters like mentioned already. It really depends who you have though like also mentioned. If you had a flex rather than that 3rd wr spot I would keep Ridley, but since you don't, I'd try and upgrade at te or wr.