[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh boy, need rodent help

fingfootball

So my son wanted a hamster for his birthday. I told the SOB at the pet store that I wanted a male. Guess what, I looked in the cage tonight and my male hamster had about 12 babies. Not prepared for this one. We are trying to figure out what to do with them, my suggestion was shot down quickly. So I guess we are going to let them live. I know alot of you have kids so I would guess that there are a few of you that have had hamsters. Open to any advice that any of you have. Remember for those of you giving advice that termination is not an option. Thanks in advance.

I thought about calling the pet store. The problem is that I live out in the country. So taking a stupid hamster back to the pet store is gonna get expensive with gas prices. A 10 dollar hamster would turn into a 40 dollar one real quick.

We put her in a quite place last night, fed her and left them alone. Today I went to feed her and the little boogers are twice the size as yesterday. Read a little on the internet last night and in 4 weeks they are old enough to breed. Anybody want a free hamster or 12?

I thought about calling the pet store. The problem is that I live out in the country. So taking a stupid hamster back to the pet store is gonna get expensive with gas prices. A 10 dollar hamster would turn into a 40 dollar one real quick.

We put her in a quite place last night, fed her and left them alone. Today I went to feed her and the little boogers are twice the size as yesterday. Read a little on the internet last night and in 4 weeks they are old enough to breed. Anybody want a free hamster or 12?

pics ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hamster update. Well we made it through the "10 day" critical period. God only knows how many we started with but it looks like we have about 8 to 10 left. I called the pet store and went off. They told me I could bring the babies to them and they would give me a bag of food. I explained that I lived quite a ways away. So we settled on 4 bucks (in store credit) a piece for them. So if they live another week or two we should be able to get my boy some cool tunnels or some kind of add on around Christmas.

Anyway in 11 days they have at least 5x in size and are moving around. Eyes are still not opened yet. From what I understand from the internets they will be fully functional (able to breed) when they are 4 weeks. Oh boy.

• 2 weeks later...