[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks/Falcons

tazinib1

Why call timeout with 13 seconds?

He absolutely panicked in front of his team, his owner, and his fans.

Let the clock run to 2 seconds, kick the FG, game over. Instead, with time on the clock, Seattle gets two plays to either get in FG range, or a shot at a Hail Mary.

He's a disgrace.

Maybe you call with with 13 seconds left in case of a penalty on a made FG. If there is no time left on the clock and there is a penalty on a made FG you don't get a chance to kick it again. They should have ran it down to 6-7 seconds though as no FG attempt can take more than 5 seconds.

Let the clock run to 2 seconds, kick the FG, game over. Instead, with time on the clock, Seattle gets two plays to either get in FG range, or a shot at a Hail Mary.

He's a disgrace.

+1

Maybe you call with with 13 seconds left in case of a penalty on a made FG. If there is no time left on the clock and there is a penalty on a made FG you don't get a chance to kick it again. They should have ran it down to 6-7 seconds though as no FG attempt can take more than 5 seconds.

I believe there is a 10 second runoff....not sure what the parameters of the 10 second runoff are.

Seriously? That makes no sense.

He's a disgrace.

Disgrace may be a bit much. He was probably channeling Andy Reid.

Or he forgot they had slready used their 3rd timeout snd was planning on one more play

Seriously? That makes no sense.

Have you guys not seen teams call timeouts with 6 and 7 seconds left many times in games ? I have seen it so many times in case their is a bad snap or a penatly because if the clock hits 0 you don't get a second chance.

It makes tons of sense.

Have you guys not seen teams call timeouts with 6 and 7 seconds left many times in games ? I have seen it so many times in case their is a bad snap or a penatly because if the clock hits 0 you don't get a second chance.

It makes tons of sense.

Bad snap, yes. Penalty, no I've never heard that mentioned. Found it. I thought it defense accepted a penalty the game wouldn't end, but I stand corrected.

Edited by kcmast

I think he was thinking about running another play. Perhaps a quick out to the sideline. But wisely decided against it. After all, it was a 50 yarder. I don't mind the time out there.

Edited by CaptainHook

It makes tons of sense.

What difference would it have made if, with 7 seconds on the clock, there was a bad snap? Are you saying they could have lined-up again, re-snapped the ball, and kicked it...all within 7 seconds? :wacko:

Further if there was a penalty (say, a false start)...what difference does it make if it happens with 13 seconds versus 2? Instead of a 48 yard FG, it would be a 53 yarder....still within Bryants range, so the point is moot.

You can try to defend him, but in his presser afterwards, he admitted there was some confusion with the way the whole last 13 seconds went down. Uh, yeah...you can say that again, dipweed.

Jeez Henry....you smoking some $100K crack?

There is no way Pete Carroll would rather have Peyton Manning over Russell Wilson. Russell is on his way to 10+ years of success in the NFL. Peyton is a first ballot HOF inductee, with maybr 2 years left. Russell will have more SB rings than Peyton by the end of his career. This kid is special.

There is no way Pete Carroll would rather have Peyton Manning over Russell Wilson. Russell is on his way to 10+ years of success in the NFL. Peyton is a first ballot HOF inductee, with maybr 2 years left. Russell will have more SB rings than Peyton by the end of his career. This kid is special.

Pretty bold essentially calling the guy a hall of famer after one good season. I agree of course I'd take Wilson due to age alone, but jeez how many good qbs don't win a Super Bowl, or struggle to even win 1

Pretty bold essentially calling the guy a hall of famer after one good season. I agree of course I'd take Wilson due to age alone, but jeez how many good qbs don't win a Super Bowl, or struggle to even win 1

Exactly, he is good and special, but saying he'll win at least 2 Super Bowls is going way out on a limb, or being a total homer.