[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For my 20,072nd Post

Chief Dick

I wrote this song after my neighbor's son was heading back to his ship after Christmas leave. I'm definitely no songwriter, and I'm not a good singer at all.

But that day, all I could think about was this man, this boy really, leaving his mother to go fight for me and my family. And this song came out. He's safe and sound, but the song is a tribute to those who haven't come back.

I know some of you will like it and some will laugh at my feeble attempt at music, and that's cool.

• Like 3

Thank you kind sir.

On a side note, I had your collection on shuffle the other night while playing cards with the neighbors. We had a good time with the wide variety of songs that came across the sound waves. :tup:

Does my heart good to know. Thank you.

that was excellent. :usa: Very emotional song. Job well done. Have you played it for the neighbors? What was the reaction if you did?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Honestly, this is the first time anyone has heard it except my wife. I feel kind of dumb even putting it up there, but I love that song so much and wanted to at least get it on video before I lost the words or forgot how to play it.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Edited by Chief Dick

Nicely done. You can hear and feel your emotion in the song. I also liked the name randomguano.

So many to thank, past and present. So much to be thankful for.

Thank you CD, for your song/example.

May it be only one of many times today we each recognize and appreciate and give thanks to the contributions of others who do for our wellbeing.

Ian

Honestly, this is the first time anyone has heard it except my wife. I feel kind of dumb even putting it up there, but I love that song so much and wanted to at least get it on video before I lost the words or forgot how to play it.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Don't feel dumb. Courageous effort from the heart. No shame in that at all. Well done.