[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rex Ryan...

buddahj

kick in the teeth to Sanchez, he definitely can't be the starter. how did Geno do?

Geno sucked- 3 ints and inadvertently stepped out of the back of his own end zone. Ryan's post game made zero sense. They should seriously consider starting Chris Simms.

Chris Simms is long out of the league. I think it's Matt Simms. Or maybe you meant Phil Simms?

Chris Simms is long out of the league. I think it's Matt Simms. Or maybe you meant Phil Simms?

Yeah, you're right and that's a great combo of hilarious and embarrassing. :bag:

Truth is, any one of those Simms has to be an improvement.

Ryan was pissed in his post game interview when the reporters were pounding him on why he had Sanchez playing in the fourth quarter. I am thinking his testiness is going to be a weekly feature of his press conferences.

I'm a Jets fan and this just kills me. Where are the days when teams were scared of the defense and the running game was good.

I like Ryan, but if this team is going to go anywhere in the next 3 years. Stack up on the Defense and Runners. Geno sucks...wow...I'm very disappointed. Looked way out of place. Sad..... wasted pick when they could have picked another Defensive player

Ryan is in an impossible situation for two reasons. 1 they gave Sanchez a big contract so they really don't want to dump all that money so he's holding them hostage with the carrot of his first year success. 2. He is coaching for his job and Geno Smith is not the answer as a rookie this year. So Rex has no real answer to save his job because Sanchez can't play and Geno isn't ready to play.

Then you have the responsibility to not ruin your rookie by getting him killed and his confidence shattered by starting him when he's not ready. I have seen young QB get totally broken being played to soon and never recover even if they had the tools to be successful. Unfortunately now the Sanchez's shoulder is broke they may have no choice but to start Geno with no weapons and a poor O line and No running game. Even if Sanchez's comes back his shoulder may never be right all season especially if he is rushed back because the Rook is falling on his face.

Jets are in for a long year again. Start your Defenses as it's going to be a "pick fest".

Edited by Cowboyz1

I think the Jets screwed themselves. They obviously went into that game giving Geno the starting job on a silver platter. Once Geno was obviously not going to cut it, they were hoping Sanchez would go in and play well to save the day, but the worst possible scenario unfolded.

Now the only option they'll probably have is to go with Geno. Should make for some entertaining press conferences!

Ryan was pissed in his post game interview when the reporters were pounding him on why he had Sanchez playing in the fourth quarter. I am thinking his testiness is going to be a weekly feature of his press conferences.

wash, rinse, repeat

Ever since Rex Ryan has come to coach the Jets, he's had this style of in-your-face, talk some smack, aggressive bully. The Jets seemed to embrace this style, and they've been a laughing-stock ever since because they could never back up their trash talking.

Ever since Rex Ryan has come to coach the Jets, he's had this style of in-your-face, talk some smack, aggressive bully. The Jets seemed to embrace this style, and they've been a laughing-stock ever since because they could never back up their trash talking.

Never back up their talking? They went to back-to-back AFC Championships.

Obviously never won it all, but let's not act like they talked big game and then missed the post season.

Honestly the owner, gm, et al haven't exactly helped Ryan much the last few years with the Tebow experiment/disaster and bad drafts. You have to wonder if he'd rather be D-coordinator on a contender right now.