[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade: Vernon Davis for Jason Witten.

Grenaid

I have Vernon Davis, but something is telling me he won't be the hot shot for too long this year. Meanwhile, Witten has always been a top performing TE. Before the season starts and this person catches on, should I trade Davis for Witten?

Absolutely NOT.

Witten doesn't score very often any more, and his targets will probly be on the decline this season as well.

Davis is about the only show in town for the Niners, and should be the #2 or #3 TE this year, depending on how many pine rides Gronk takes.

Axe I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think witten is rock solid, and will increase his tds this season. While David may have a game here and there w 100+ yard and a td or two you can basically take it to the bank every week that witten is catching 6-8 passes for 80-90 yards. Matter of preference I guess, I just view witten as way more reliable.

If he were catching 6-8 balls for 80-90 yards per week, he would be averaging 112 catches per year for 1360 yards. He's only come within 15 catches and 300 yards of that once in his career--let alone AVERAGE that.

Vernon Davis on the other hand, might axually do something like that this year.

You are trading apples for apples here. I just don't see enough to make me like one over the other. No way should you be judging Davis based on last season. Davis is a stud and will be relied upon with no clear options beside Boldin, Davis will bounce back big this year. Witten did catch 110 balls last season for over 1000 yards but only had 3 touchdowns. Out of those 110 receptions, only 15 targets were in the RZ, but Austin and Bryant with the emergence of Harris in the slot will out Witten on the decline. Either way, both are top flight tight ends and trading one for the other is not going to make a huge difference. Vernon does have way more upside though. With 110 catches Witten had 63 points for the season in standard formats. Vernon Davis had 51 points with only 31 receptions and should triple his production this year. I'd sit tight.

Please see mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/403719-wdis-ck2k-or-aaron-rodgers/

Edited by Cowboy Killah