[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie Royal: DO IT!

Grenaid

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but this guy can actually play. He definitely doesn't have the consistent stats to prove he's a WR2, but maybe a low end WR3 or WR4. In a PPR, he's definitely worth a look now. Hell, Malcolm Floyd is banged up and Denario Alexander is out for the year. Even if Floyd plays next week, he's a decoy and draws coverage. If Rivers is going to throw to anybody, it's Royal or Gates. Yeah, Vincent Brown value rises slightlyl, but as long as the QB can trust his receivers, it's a win. Anybody else have any input?

Edited by Grenaid

I'd be a little cautious. His first week he had 3 catches, 2 of which were TDs. Today was great but it's a very porous secondary in Philly. I do think Rivers has improved this year and Royal will have more good games, but for example at #1 in waiver order in a 12 team league I am going to pass on him. If I were further down, I'd take a flyer.

I'm torn....I'm thinking of taking him on waivers in one league where we start 2 WRs, Brandon Marshall and Amendola are my main guys; have Edelman now. The other bench spots are Cecil Shorts and Golden Tate. I'm looking at possibly dropping Tate who is doing nothing again tonight. Rivers seems to like him, and last year I could have gone to and won the Superbowl had it not been for one late season decision to bench Danario Alexander who got white hot. I think he'll cool off, but it seems he likes him a lot.

I'd be a little cautious. His first week he had 3 catches, 2 of which were TDs. Today was great but it's a very porous secondary in Philly. I do think Rivers has improved this year and Royal will have more good games, but for example at #1 in waiver order in a 12 team league I am going to pass on him. If I were further down, I'd take a flyer.

I get what you're saying. So this would just apply to people who start perhaps 3 WRs and a FLEX and waiver priorities don't really exist (first come first serve). I want to wait another week, so this isn't some "fad", but at the same time, if he explodes again and someone else takes him, I'm going to be mad at myself.

I'm torn....I'm thinking of taking him on waivers in one league where we start 2 WRs, Brandon Marshall and Amendola are my main guys; have Edelman now. The other bench spots are Cecil Shorts and Golden Tate. I'm looking at possibly dropping Tate who is doing nothing again tonight. Rivers seems to like him, and last year I could have gone to and won the Superbowl had it not been for one late season decision to bench Danario Alexander who got white hot. I think he'll cool off, but it seems he likes him a lot.

See who else is on the wire first. I thought Tate would've done better by now, but then again Seattle is definitely a run-first offense, so look to drop him. Or maybe trade him away for a better WR if someone else sees potential in Tate.

Hard to believe he's going to go from nothing to something over night and be this productive all season after the career he's had. But there is something to be said for having rapport with your quarterback and he may just have a career year. Remember he did have a 91/950/5td year as a rook so he does have talent. Maybe he's finally in the right scheme?

Dunno, but I picked him up in one league just in case he starts getting more targets.