[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon is Back.. Now What?

Grenaid

Who else is pulling the trigger this weekend and going with Gordon in their lineup? I know he hasn't played a game in many weeks and Brandon Weeden is out, but does anybody think those facts are irrelevant? As for me, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe they should just trade Gordon to a better team too..

Not the Packers, maybe Seattle.

Seattle would be nice, but they already have Harvin coming back sometime later this season. He may also be too big of a character risk for them. This team has great chemistry. Maybe even enough to help a wayward player stay out of trouble. But they'd have to get him at a bargain price and methinkg the Browns want more than that for him. Not that I'd mind having Gordon AND Harvin, lol.

Carolina should inquire about him, IMO.

Edited by Tripleshot

i know it's a rumor, but do you actually think the browns are going to get rid of Gordon that soon too? in the upcoming weeks? If everyone is thinking like that, mind as well pick him up or keep him. I have a bunch of receivers too, but my friend say he'd trade me miles austin and reggie bush for his trent richardson, so i might have to fall back on Gordon a couple of times this season.

I would love it if they did, but they aren't moving Gordon. He doesn't have any big value, which is what the Richardson move was all about. They got a first for a guy they feel they can replace in the 4th or via Free Agency (hello Ben Tate, here's a Brink's truck for you). Gordon wouldn't net them more than a 4th round pick probably with his risk. Plus, he feeds the franchise QB they are so desperate to snag.

I would love it if they did, but they aren't moving Gordon. He doesn't have any big value, which is what the Richardson move was all about. They got a first for a guy they feel they can replace in the 4th or via Free Agency (hello Ben Tate, here's a Brink's truck for you). Gordon wouldn't net them more than a 4th round pick probably with his risk. Plus, he feeds the franchise QB they are so desperate to snag.

I think Tate will be the big RB free agent next year other than MJD and DMC...hopefully we can snatch him up before the Browns even have a chance. Plus, having the most Cap Room next year is a bonus...

If I were the Pats, I'd be calling about this guy every day. They need somebody that can catch the ball, and Gordon fits the bill.

Interesting thought. I could see a fit there.

Also the 49ers could use a receiver, and they are STACKED with draft picks.

just a thought but..has anyone considered that Hoyer might be better than Weeden?

None whatsoever, lol. And it's not like I think Weeden is anything special himself, but he and Gordon had some chemistry last year.

Edited by Tripleshot

If I were the Pats, I'd be calling about this guy every day. They need somebody that can catch the ball, and Gordon fits the bill.

If the Pats were to actually strike a deal for Gordon, the Browns would more than likely be able to get a nice draft pick out of it. Maybe 3rd, or possibly even 2nd. Not saying the Pats are desperate.. but I get frustrated watching their receivers play. And Belichick seems to be able to straighten up receivers and anybody with a shaky past. One can only hope...

I was salivating at getting Gordon in later rounds in two leagues, but now that the Browns have gutted their backfield, I am much less optimistic that Gordon will be an undervalued WR this year. My revised thinking is that moving forward Gordon will be a risky WR2 or Flex most weeks: he will probably have 3-4 big games, but lots of yawners and a few goose eggs. Only start him at this point if you are playing a superior team and you need a minor miracle to beat your stacked opponent.

Edited by historymike

I was salivating at getting Gordon in later rounds in two leagues, but now that the Browns have gutted their backfield, I am much less optimistic that Gordon will be an undervalued WR this year. My revised thinking is that moving forward Gordon will be a risky WR2 or Flex most weeks: he will probably have 3-4 big games, but lots of yawners and a few goose eggs. Only start him at this point if you are playing a superior team and you need a minor miracle to beat your stacked opponent.

Same here. Got him for $1 in auction keeper league, late in three others. He looked good at times with Weeden last year, borderline great, and with another year I was hoping he'd take the next step. He still might, but now there's a lot more risk involved.