[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ease-of-Season (EOS) Chart: Anybody Swear By This?

Grenaid

As a paid member to the Huddle, I try to take advantage of everything that is written and given to me. Well put articles and different Week-to-Week updates make it fun for sure. Then this Ease-of-Schedule post came along and it's the first time I'm seeing something like this in one chart. Usually, I ended up calculating it myself in the past and trying to figure out who the worst defenses were because I could never find a clear chart on other sites for free (not a surprise). So I thank all the writers at the Huddle who made it easier on my life.

To my point though: who else uses this religiously or bases the rest of their season off the data that this chart has given? I think it seems logical to follow some of the advice, though it is fantasy football and the NFL in general, so predictions using past stats don't always paint a clear picture of the future.

And I know this isn't the advice forum, so I won't go on about who should I start this week and that week, but I seem to be faced with a dilemma based on this EOS chart and past performances of players. Aside from Week 1, Eli Manning has sucked, though we could blame it on his OL if need be. Colin Kaep may as well have been on the cover of the new Madden if it were called Madden 14 just so he could live out the curse. Things don't seem to be getting any better for him either. Based on the EOS chart, from Week 5 to Week 14, Eli Manning will be faced with the easiest QB schedule based on prior Weeks defenses. Meanwhile, Kaep will be facing one of the toughest schedules (Wk 5-14) in the league for QB fantasy points. With this being said, I have Kaep and have been looking to get rid of him. Another guy has Eli. While their values are down, does it seem logical to make the trade of Kaep for Eli so as to follow this EOS and solely believe it should pan out in the end? We all have been patient with Kaep long enough, and sometimes it just doesn't seem to get better. The EOS chart has confirmed some of my suspicions rather quickly.

Once again, I'd just like to get a couple opinions on the EOS as a whole. As this is my first paid year here, I'm trying to get a couple ideas from the vets in this forum. Sorry if it sounded like a request to help me in a WDIS thread. That wasn't my intention, but rather to find out if others make long-term plans in their season based on tools such as the EOS chart.

Thanks

It's another tool in the arsenal. I'm not going to trade away Adrian Peterson for a Stevan Ridley just because AP has a harder schedule than Ridley the rest of the way (not that I am making up names and not referencing the actual article), but if I am evaluating two players of relatively similar value, I might give some edge to the one that looks to have better matchups.

It's another tool in the arsenal. I'm not going to trade away Adrian Peterson for a Stevan Ridley just because AP has a harder schedule than Ridley the rest of the way (not that I am making up names and not referencing the actual article), but if I am evaluating two players of relatively similar value, I might give some edge to the one that looks to have better matchups.

This , plus a EOS should never be held above a players talent or prone to injury

You need to use a bigger font. Having a hard time reading your post.

haha totally didn't know it was going to be that big. thanks for the input though. completely understand what you're saying about AP having a worse schedule but still not trading him away. That seems clear, but it's the unclear situations of trading players that are performing poorly for other players that are doing just as bad, and making investments for the rest of the season based off the EOS.

IMO ease of scedule plays a big part. more so for QB's than other positions

I will use Josh Freeman as a example. his 2 good years came when he had an excellent schedule while his 2 bad years came when he had a middle of the road scedule.

As said, it is not the end all be all of all statistical ways but it does contribute. it is something I look at before every fantasy year and has a very big influence on what QB's I take.

By the time you have enough data for it to be reliable, it's too late in the season to really get much out of it. I do stay up to date on it, because if a trade does pose itself that's one of the parameters I will use, but I am far more concerned about the game locations in weeks 14-16 than the EoS.

By the time you have enough data for it to be reliable, it's too late in the season to really get much out of it. I do stay up to date on it, because if a trade does pose itself that's one of the parameters I will use, but I am far more concerned about the game locations in weeks 14-16 than the EoS.

Good input. knowing your playoff schedule is something many do not worry about. but come playoff time it is huge and those who get to the playoffs and have these great matchups become champions. just gotta balance it with the regular season to make sure you get to the playoffs so those late season matchups pay off.