[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling DEN homers - Montee Ball's value?

Steelhead

I drafted Ball in the 4th rd (6th in redraft leagues) and we have a rule that you can have a 3rd keeper for the nexts year if you draft a rookie and keep him on your roster all year. With Alf on bye I have Tate and Ball as my options. Blount is out there and I think a better option than either of those guys so I need to decide who to cut.

Based on performance Ball should go however I would like some thoughts on what people think his value will be going forward. Will he ever get a shot? I know Fox loves his vets so he may never get significant time this year and who knows about next.

Also in the mix I drafted Kenbrell Thompkins in the 6th (8th in redraft) so I can just use the rookie keeper lock on him however if Ball has a chance to shine I'd rather lock a RB over WR.

Not a Den homer, but I was reading some forum full of them and they are high on this 4th guy CJ Anderson. Tried to read up on him and it doesn't seem like he will have much of an impact to me. In a redraft Ball's useless to me but in your keeper situation I would keep him until you face a scenario where you can look at someone else and say this guy has a really good chance to help me win this week and Ball does not. If you want Blount I would drop Tate just b/c of your keeper rules. Tate is not really startable unless Foster gets hurt and you can't keep him.

Wow, im in a similar situation in my 16 man PPR. Have both Ball, and Thompkins rostered. Rookie Keeper. Got Kenbrell in the 9th, amd grabbed Ball off of waivers after his owner apparently was fed up. Im keeping Ball in hopes that his role increases if not by week 10 (my crucial bye) then by next year and I can get a serviceable rb in the 8th. (Got Wilson in rd 8 this year bit hasent panned out regardless of value.) Anyway im very interested in the opinions that people