[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's play NFL GM

satelliteoflovegm

Doug Marrone said the Bills would look to add a QB this week and in response to a question said it is not a stretch they would play.

So who, of these admittedly awful QB's do you think they sign and should they sign.

Vince young

Tim Tebow

Josh Freeman

Trent Edwards

Caleb Hanie

Sage Rosenfels (Retired and I don't know the rules there)

David Carr

Charlie Batch

Dennis Dixon

Jimmy Clausen

Graham Harrell

Mike Kafka

Byron Leftwich

Pat White

Yes Leinart is but they cut him after 2 days in August.

He is an option too.

I also agree Freeman is the best option but I wonder if it would happen.

I almost think Vince Young for some reason.

Yes Leinart is but they cut him after 2 days in August.

He is an option too.

I also agree Freeman is the best option but I wonder if it would happen.

I almost think Vince Young for some reason.

As a GM I would be very leery of Young. GB was is very serious need of a backup QB and has a very strong track record of getting the most out of the development of young QBs, and they gave Young a trial and kicked him to the curb in pretty short order. If they didn't see anything there worth spending time on, you'd have to seriously wonder if there's anything there.

Sage Rosenfels (Retired and I don't know the rules there)

If he was under contract, the team could have put him on the Reserve - Retired list. They retain his rights under the terms of that contract if he decides to un-retire. They could then decide to release, trade, or keep him. They could have just released him without putting him on that list, but that's unlikely.

If he wasn't under contract when he filed, he can just file for reinstatement and he's a FA.

On topic, if they are serious about trying to win anything, Freeman is the only real choice. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think the guy has the talent to play in this league. He needs to get his head right first, of course, and not playing the rest of this year (and the loss of the $6 mil he was expecting) might turn out being good for him.

On topic, if they are serious about trying to win anything, Freeman is the only real choice. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think the guy has the talent to play in this league. He needs to get his head right first, of course, and not playing the rest of this year (and the loss of the $6 mil he was expecting) might turn out being good for him.

He's also relatively very young and ought to be highly motivated - he just got out from under Schiano and will be playing for his next contract/starting gig. He's got a ton to prove and the are potentially hugh dollars on the line.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

He's also relatively very young and ought to be highly motivated - he just got out from under Schiano and will be playing for his next contract/starting gig. He's got a ton to prove and the are potentially hugh dollars on the line.

Yep if he ends up in the right spot I'm very, very interested in keeper/dynasty formats.

I believe Freeman gets his full pay from the Bucs and they get relief in the form of the amount of his new contract.

I also belief Sage was cut by the Vikings or whomever so I guess he's free to sign.

For Freeman it is. But the rule only applies to vested veterans.

I've never seen this provision, but found it in the CBA. Learn something new every day, thanks!

ARTICLE 30 TERMINATION PAY

Section 1. Eligibility:

(a) Any player who has completed the season in which his fourth year or more of credited service under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Retirement Plan has been earned shall be eligible for Termination Pay under this Article if:

(1) He is released after his Club’s first regular season game; and

(2) He has made the Active/Inactive List of his Club on or after the date of his Club’s first regular season game.

(B) Subject to Section 3 below, the amount of Termination Pay payable to such player shall be the unpaid balance of his Paragraph 5 Salary for that League Year. Termination Pay under this Article shall be claimed and payable no sooner than one day after the end of the regular season schedule, and no later than February 1. A player will not be entitled to Termination Pay more than once during his playing career in the NFL.

I think Hoyer was a surprise to a lot of people but I don't see anyone on that list that would be surprisingly effective. Freeman looks like to only choice. Also really can't judge how the way he was treated affected the way he played. TO be in the spotlight as someone who is not wanted has to have some kind of affect on a guy that young.