[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marvin Jones

buddahj

Exactly. Yet anytime I say something about "analysts" it is automatically assumed that The Huddle is the only resource that exists. Let's be honest....these guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable, but how many people on average would put Huddle reports in their top 5, maybe even top 10 fantasy resources to stay up date with? I know I'll get ripped for that one, but it's the truth. I'd rather refer to the Huddle than the ESPNs or CBSs of the world, and I may get a membership next year. The fact of the matter is, people think of the more popular analysts before they think of sites like this (and it's those sites I'm annoyed with). If anyone can't accept that, you need to get over yourself.

Bottom line is, just like this guy says...I clearly didn't call anyone here at The Huddle out. Seems to me like a little narcissism around here might be the real issue.

Considering that Keg (and also myself in my post) made it clear that he was not just talking about you (people complaining in hindsight happens nearly every week of every year), then perhaps you are the one with narcisistic tendencies.

Seems to me the issue is you're making a blanket statement about experts being wrong, when apparently you're only talking about free sites. Well yes, you get what you pay for when you pay nothing and don't do your own research. No one here will dispute that. Free sites suck and are for FF noobs.

But when you go onto the forums of a pay site with very well respected experts, and start complaining about the experts, then it's reasonable for Keg to assume you're yet another that just wants to bitch about them not having a crystal ball.

But I'm glad we cleared that up. Now maybe you can work on not being so abrasive and confrontational in the future, and you won't find yourself in constant silly arguments (unless that's what you're going for, in which case you're making a strong push for NTOY)

• Like 2

Exactly. Yet anytime I say something about "analysts" it is automatically assumed that The Huddle is the only resource that exists. Let's be honest....these guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable, but how many people on average would put Huddle reports in their top 5, maybe even top 10 fantasy resources to stay up date with? I know I'll get ripped for that one, but it's the truth. I'd rather refer to the Huddle than the ESPNs or CBSs of the world, and I may get a membership next year. The fact of the matter is, people think of the more popular analysts before they think of sites like this (and it's those sites I'm annoyed with). If anyone can't accept that, you need to get over yourself.

Bottom line is, just like this guy says...I clearly didn't call anyone here at The Huddle out. Seems to me like a little narcissism around here might be the real issue.

:lol: So you think the Huddle doesn't deserve to be in the top-5 or even top-10, but you're considering getting a membership next year?

Dude you are ALL over the place.

Considering that Keg (and also myself in my post) made it clear that he was not just talking about you (people complaining in hindsight happens nearly every week of every year), then perhaps you are the one with narcisistic tendencies.

Seems to me the issue is you're making a blanket statement about experts being wrong, when apparently you're only talking about free sites. Well yes, you get what you pay for when you pay nothing and don't do your own research. No one here will dispute that. Free sites suck and are for FF noobs.

But when you go onto the forums of a pay site with very well respected experts, and start complaining about the experts, then it's reasonable for Keg to assume you're yet another that just wants to bitch about them not having a crystal ball.

But I'm glad we cleared that up. Now maybe you can work on not being so abrasive and confrontational in the future, and you won't find yourself in constant silly arguments (unless that's what you're going for, in which case you're making a strong push for NTOY)

For the record, I've taken every single post you've ever written with a grain of salt. Others here are able to accept an apology and realize when they got off on the wrong foot in an argument with someone, but not you. Give it up, man. I always know when I see your stupid profile picture that I'm about to read the most one-sided argument I've ever read. Now let me break a couple things down for you.

#1 - You don't know me, so don't act like you do. This is my 10th year of fantasy football - 6th year in the same competitive 12 man money league. I'm a "paid" member of ESPN insider. I'm also far from a "noob".

#2 - When you're "not talking about me" then proceed to break down everything I said and counter it with an explanation of why I offended you, you ARE not only talking about me, but you're also categorizing me.....even worse (again, you don't know me from Adam). Man up and just admit your feelings are hurt over something that should never have offended you.

#3 - From what I've seen, the words "abrasive" and "narcissistic" define you to a tee. I'm tired of replying to your smartass rants. Nothing you ever say is positive, and you can only see your side of the story. Like I said to keggerz, I can appreciate the fact that he explained his point of view and made the effort to let me know how he was offended.

You on the other hand, are like the little puny kid in highschool who followed the big jocks around for protection because you can't defend yourself. All you do is chyme in and agree with the big boys so you aren't alone. I'm tired of you, and your lame opinion doesn't matter.

:lol: So you think the Huddle doesn't deserve to be in the top-5 or even top-10, but you're considering getting a membership next year?

Dude you are ALL over the place.

Holy chit....are you serious???? I said it's not one of the top sites because others are MORE POPULAR!!!!! I clearly said just that. If you can't comprehend, don't bother replying. It's that simple.

:virtualhandshake: Go and be well...next year buy a membership (or take advantage of the discounted membership for the rest of the year) and then you can make you own decision about the huddle's content. Good luck in your leagues.

• Like 1

For the record, I've taken every single post you've ever written with a grain of salt. Others here are able to accept an apology and realize when they got off on the wrong foot in an argument with someone, but not you. Give it up, man. I always know when I see your stupid profile picture that I'm about to read the most one-sided argument I've ever read. Now let me break a couple things down for you.

#1 - You don't know me, so don't act like you do. This is my 10th year of fantasy football - 6th year in the same competitive 12 man money league. I'm a "paid" member of ESPN insider. I'm also far from a "noob".

#2 - When you're "not talking about me" then proceed to break down everything I said and counter it with an explanation of why I offended you, you ARE not only talking about me, but you're also categorizing me.....even worse (again, you don't know me from Adam). Man up and just admit your feelings are hurt over something that should never have offended you.

#3 - From what I've seen, the words "abrasive" and "narcissistic" define you to a tee. I'm tired of replying to your smartass rants. Nothing you ever say is positive, and you can only see your side of the story. Like I said to keggerz, I can appreciate the fact that he explained his point of view and made the effort to let me know how he was offended.

You on the other hand, are like the little puny kid in highschool who followed the big jocks around for protection because you can't defend yourself. All you do is chyme in and agree with the big boys so you aren't alone. I'm tired of you, and your lame opinion doesn't matter.

:rofl:

I'm sorry, I take back everything I said now that I know your an ESPN insider.

Don't pretend like you're the one interested in civil discourse. All you've done since you got here is complain, start arguments and derail threads. You get the responses you deserve... But fine, you win, it's not worth the time to try to reason with you.

Edited by delusions of grandeur
  • Like 1

:virtualhandshake: Go and be well...next year buy a membership (or take advantage of the discounted membership for the rest of the year) and then you can make you own decision about the huddle's content. Good luck in your leagues.

Thanks - will do. I assure you that nothing negative will be said about The Huddle's content. Sorry it came across that way to begin with.

:rofl:

I'm sorry, I take back everything I said now that I know your an ESPN insider.

Don't pretend like you're the one interested in civil discourse. All you've done since you got here is complain, start arguments and derail threads. You get the responses you deserve... But fine, you win, it's not worth the time to try to reason with you.

That's right dumbass, you claimed I "only use free sites". I just put you in your place and yet you still can't admit you were wrong...wtf is new? BTW, I didn't start jack....you got your panties in a wad and shot your fat mouth off at a comment I made about a stupid decision I made listening to analysts instead of my gut feeling. You're such a pussie....

I think we can all agree that The Huddle is pretty darn good and worth the money. It's definitely right more than wrong. I think being right two-thirds or three-quarters of the time is all one can expect and I think The Huddle meets that standard. Most free sites don't meet that standard. They're lucky if they are right half the time. I pity the fool taking their advice from CBS, ESPN, or any other free site.

Cool. I never doubted that.

This is some of the best :pop: I've seen in a while.

Back on topic, I'm a bit leery of Marvin Jones (in on only 18 snaps), but with the news of Sanu potentially not playing, I think I'll roll with him this weekend in my local. Could be a great mid-season pickup.

Whatever it says, I can't see it on the iPhone. However, I'm positive it doesn't disprove the fact that you failed to comprehend that post along with numerous others. I hope the Huddle has a good proofreader who pays attention to all the detail you inevitably omit.....

Ok I found your sig....and I'm honored....truly I appreciate you including me.

Seriously though....this is just a hunch but it seems to me that you STILL haven't put 2 and 2 together. You just can't QUITE grasp the point I was making can you??? On an elementary level just for you....yes I did indeed say the Huddle is not considered a top fantasy site. Well, because it just isn't. But you see junior, I wasn't saying it to hurt your feelings. All I was saying was that those REALLY REALLY well known sites like ESPN, CBS....EVEN YAHOO come to mind when the average person thinks of fantasy references. Now, just because they are so much bigger and have been around longer doesn't make them better, ok Junior? Do you get it now? I even said the Huddle guys seem to be REALLY SMART!!!

Now dry your tears, ok? The sun will come up tomorrow, I promise :)

Again - I apologize. I hope you're ok, now.

I'm fine. Are you? Or do you need to have someone TELL you that you're OK, since that seems to kinda be the way you operate. :thinking:

Whatever it says, I can't see it on the iPhone. However, I'm positive it doesn't disprove the fact that you failed to comprehend that post along with numerous others. I hope the Huddle has a good proofreader who pays attention to all the detail you inevitably omit.....

Your mom lets you have an iPhone? :shocking:

Ok I found your sig....and I'm honored....truly I appreciate you including me.

Seriously though....this is just a hunch but it seems to me that you STILL haven't put 2 and 2 together. You just can't QUITE grasp the point I was making can you??? On an elementary level just for you....yes I did indeed say the Huddle is not considered a top fantasy site. Well, because it just isn't. But you see junior, I wasn't saying it to hurt your feelings. All I was saying was that those REALLY REALLY well known sites like ESPN, CBS....EVEN YAHOO come to mind when the average person thinks of fantasy references. Now, just because they are so much bigger and have been around longer doesn't make them better, ok Junior? Do you get it now? I even said the Huddle guys seem to be REALLY SMART!!!

Now dry your tears, ok? The sun will come up tomorrow, I promise :)

Ahhh, there's the EiN we all know and love. Glad to have ya back, sporto! :tup:

Edited by darin3

Wasn't about being thin skinned and I said it wasn't meant directly towards him, but people that have that view at times...I have no problem with being accountable...heck this past week I listed my top 5 projections/position on twitter and how they did (which wasn't good) and said I'm taking my lumps...my issue is with the last part of what he said which is bolded below. I have no qualms with saying I should have gone with my gut or I wasn't buying what an analyst or analysts were saying but I listed and I shouldn't have...but to say you know more than analysts and are sick of listening to them makes it sound like you think analysts just pull stuff out of their hat or that they don't put hours upon of hours of research in...But if you really feel that way then fine, just don't make it known after something like Jones performance happens. Bring it to the table without the hindsight and then it holds more water. Trust me, I wish we all had hindsight to use when making our projections. I guess is was exacerbated by the fact that this was about a guy having a performance like only 28 others have had in the history of the NFL...there's no analyst alive that should have got that call right and if they did make that call and were wrong people would call them crazy/stupid etc...it's a no win situation for the most part, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I remember last year when Calvin was red hot, DMD was projecting 100,2 (or even more yards) pretty much every week, and he wasn't even on a 2 TD per week pace. I had to laugh a few times and thought, no way he is scoring 2 TDs every week (he was on my time for years and I was familiar with the ups and downs, even as Stafford became much better). But you have to make predictions, and they're not alway right (in fact they're probably not 100% right very ofte on a single player). At least there is a lot of thought and analysis going into the prediction, not just 1/16 of some annual prediction made in June, or a wild guess based on little information, not even taking into account the opposition, injuries on the OL or other factors.

I use the huddle and I've won two $100 buy in fantasy leagues now back to back. This year I'm in first at 7-1 it's one of the best resources. I use it religiously and have my own method of using the content to draft players, set my roster and see what trades are more worth it than others. Knowledge is power!

With Marvin Jones, I'm debating to pick him up I need a bye week filler but not sure if I'm ready to burn my waiver wire on him. I have DThomas, Megatron and Victor Cruz who are all on bye. Burning my wiaver for 1 week then sit on the bench...not for me. If you need a WR to start though and your solid in other positions I'd burn the waivers on him

EZiN,

When you say the Huddle is not a top fantasy site what are you basing that on? Because other advice sites are more popular?

How about people are willing to pay money for this advice, many people. Many of them return year after year, and talk about how much better they do now than before.

ESPN Insider, the fact that its tied to ESPN would make me avoid using that even if it was free (I assume it isn't).

How about looking at fantasy leagues where the "experts" from various sites play? DMD (David Dorey founder/owner of the Huddle) often posts about those in the forum, shownig their drafts, season results and other stuffs. That to me is pretty powerful stuff, showing how they stack up against other experts.

Hopefully you'll see the light, give the huddle a try and see what they have to offer. Compare their advice to ESPN insider and others, then make an informed decision about their content. Then maybe you'll understand why members of the forum who also subscribe to the huddle take offense with your "I know more than all the so called experts, I don't know why I listen to them." Or at least find another forum to post your rants on, where everybody will just nod in agreement because the experts they listen do really do suck.

I use the huddle and I've won two $100 buy in fantasy leagues now back to back. This year I'm in first at 7-1 it's one of the best resources. I use it religiously and have my own method of using the content to draft players, set my roster and see what trades are more worth it than others. Knowledge is power!

With Marvin Jones, I'm debating to pick him up I need a bye week filler but not sure if I'm ready to burn my waiver wire on him. I have DThomas, Megatron and Victor Cruz who are all on bye. Burning my wiaver for 1 week then sit on the bench...not for me. If you need a WR to start though and your solid in other positions I'd burn the waivers on him

I wouldn't debate very long, unless you're in a league with limited rosters. He was snatched up this week in mine, and with 6 teams on bye this week and some more injuries to WR, players like him will be goon soon.

I'm curious what your option is if not picking up a player on waivers, do you have 3 healthy/starting WR on your bench to use this week, or are you just going to take a zero rather than waste your waiver move on a player that might only get a few points?

I thought I was prepared (Calvin, Fitz, DThomas and Randle[my #4]) all on bye, then one of my bench WR who would only see the field this week (Rice) gets injured and is out. So to the waivers I went and got Heyward Bay (tried for Jones and Stills first, they went before my slot), and we have a $2 fee per added player. I'm not leaving my roster incomplete, if I lost by a couple points I'd be really pissed.

That's right dumbass, you claimed I "only use free sites". I just put you in your place and yet you still can't admit you were wrong...wtf is new? BTW, I didn't start jack....you got your panties in a wad and shot your fat mouth off at a comment I made about a stupid decision I made listening to analysts instead of my gut feeling. You're such a pussie....

Does this mean we aren't friends anymore? Because if I thought we weren't still friends, I just don't think I could bear it.

Does this mean we aren't friends anymore? Because if I thought we weren't still friends, I just don't think I could bear it.

He'll need to wait until ESPN.com's rankings come out to let you know. You might be ranked below Marvin Jones this week. Maybe.

Me thinks Huddle staff a little too oversensitive and defensive......maybe should've stayed out of the conversation in the first place??

Even if the dude was talking about the staff (which he apparently was not), it goes with the territory to take some heat for your projections now and again, even if those who are dishing it out are coming from left field. I think it's less than appropriate for the staff to call out people on these boards unless there's a lot worse being directed their way.

Keggerz - love your work, but if you're insecure, go see a shrink.

• Like 1

Me thinks Huddle staff a little too oversensitive and defensive......maybe should've stayed out of the conversation in the first place??

Even if the dude was talking about the staff (which he apparently was not), it goes with the territory to take some heat for your projections now and again, even if those who are dishing it out are coming from left field. I think it's less than appropriate for the staff to call out people on these boards unless there's a lot worse being directed their way.

Keggerz - love your work, but if you're insecure, go see a shrink.

Not insecure, and was just making a statement about people making statements like was made is all...and glad you enjoy my work.

and like I said, I have no problem whatsoever being called out on anything that I do.