[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marvin Jones

buddahj

Not insecure, and was just making a statement about people making statements like was made is all...and glad you enjoy my work.

and like I said, I have no problem whatsoever being called out on anything that I do.

Well. as long as you have no problem being called out on anything that you do, was that really a Pomegranate Fusion Smirnoff Ice I saw you drinking during the games this weekend? Drinking girly drinks like that, no wonder you missed on Marvin Jones this past week. :wink:

(You might have gotten away with the green apple flavor one. Taz swears by them.)

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 1

Well. as long as you have no problem being called out on anything that you do, was that really a Pomegranate Fusion Smirnoff Ice I saw you drinking during the games this weekend? Drinking girly drinks like that, no wonder you missed on Marvin Jones this past week. :wink:

(You might have gotten away with the green apple flavor one. Taz swears by them.)

you know it was, but I thought you said you wouldn't tell anyone :furious: Edited by keggerz

Me thinks Huddle staff a little too oversensitive and defensive......maybe should've stayed out of the conversation in the first place??

Even if the dude was talking about the staff (which he apparently was not), it goes with the territory to take some heat for your projections now and again, even if those who are dishing it out are coming from left field. I think it's less than appropriate for the staff to call out people on these boards unless there's a lot worse being directed their way.

Keggerz - love your work, but if you're insecure, go see a shrink.

Keggerz is cool with me. He didn't like what I had to say, but at the end of the day he saw it for what it was...a misunderstanding.

However, I don't disagree with you AT ALL about the sensitivity from the majority of the staff and their puppets. If you don't want people to speak their minds, then don't open the board to people who don't pay. Shut it down for crying out loud...what's stopping you??? Just know that it's your closed-minded mentality that will keep The Huddle small and under the radar. It could be so much more too...

Edited by Endzone Is Near

EZiN,

When you say the Huddle is not a top fantasy site what are you basing that on? Because other advice sites are more popular?

How about people are willing to pay money for this advice, many people. Many of them return year after year, and talk about how much better they do now than before.

ESPN Insider, the fact that its tied to ESPN would make me avoid using that even if it was free (I assume it isn't).

How about looking at fantasy leagues where the "experts" from various sites play? DMD (David Dorey founder/owner of the Huddle) often posts about those in the forum, shownig their drafts, season results and other stuffs. That to me is pretty powerful stuff, showing how they stack up against other experts.

Hopefully you'll see the light, give the huddle a try and see what they have to offer. Compare their advice to ESPN insider and others, then make an informed decision about their content. Then maybe you'll understand why members of the forum who also subscribe to the huddle take offense with your "I know more than all the so called experts, I don't know why I listen to them." Or at least find another forum to post your rants on, where everybody will just nod in agreement because the experts they listen do really do suck.

Stevegrab,

No offense man, but it seems that you tend to ask questions that were just answered for you, pretty often.

You ask if I base the Huddle not being a top site on popularity. Well yes, that's exactly what I said. Why not go back and read everything I said first instead of assuming I have even come close to discrediting the Huddle and their FF knowledge?

You don't have to sell me on the Huddle - scroll up and you'll see that I already said I'm interested in paying next year. My only apprehension is I wouldn't want my money to go towards paying someone like Darin. Hopefully they don't pay him too much anyway, because he is certainly not a professional. Aside from his 2-3 puppets, nobody respects him. I've seen numerous posters make mention of how lame he is as a "staff" member for constantly attacking people and keeping arguments going. The dude is a joke, and I'm honestly surprised he has any role here whatsoever other than scrubbing toilets.

as is normally the case, second tier players that go off are kinda iffy the following week. Jones woulda had a nice day if it weren't for Gresham's stupid holding call. 10.6 in ppr and less in others is decent, I guess, for a bye week fill-in.

as is normally the case, second tier players that go off are kinda iffy the following week. Jones woulda had a nice day if it weren't for Gresham's stupid holding call. 10.6 in ppr and less in others is decent, I guess, for a bye week fill-in.

Yes he still seems to be behind Sanu. I had Fitz and Decker on a bye in Ladder so it may be OK.

4 pages on an incredible fluke? I haven't read the whole thread but the only thing I'm gathering from what I've read is that almost everyone is butt hurt.

Could someone do a Cliff notes version for me?

No need, you just summarized it. Move along....

Keggerz is cool with me. He didn't like what I had to say, but at the end of the day he saw it for what it was...a misunderstanding.

However, I don't disagree with you AT ALL about the sensitivity from the majority of the staff and their puppets. If you don't want people to speak their minds, then don't open the board to people who don't pay. Shut it down for crying out loud...what's stopping you??? Just know that it's your closed-minded mentality that will keep The Huddle small and under the radar. It could be so much more too...

Just another example of how you're failing to understand how you come across, puppets?

BTW, many paying members have asked the site owner to make the forum for paying members only. He doesn't want to do that, probably because people come to the forum, learn about the value of membership and then join. Of course a few (like you) just bad mouth the huddle, its staff, and the forum members because you're so much better than all of them. (Though you're too dumb to listen to your own gut and instead keep following the advice of non huddle experts who you know are giving you bad advice.)

The huddle is NOT small and under the radar. It isn't ESPN, CBS, Yahoo or some other large well known sites, but most of those are crap and have horrible advice/info. But it is the BEST fantasy advice site out there amongst people who know their honda. I'm in a league of 12, and well over half of the owners were or are huddle members, and we're hardly on par with some of the people here.

• Like 1

Just another example of how you're failing to understand how you come across, puppets?

BTW, many paying members have asked the site owner to make the forum for paying members only. He doesn't want to do that, probably because people come to the forum, learn about the value of membership and then join. Of course a few (like you) just bad mouth the huddle, its staff, and the forum members because you're so much better than all of them. (Though you're too dumb to listen to your own gut and instead keep following the advice of non huddle experts who you know are giving you bad advice.)

The huddle is NOT small and under the radar. It isn't ESPN, CBS, Yahoo or some other large well known sites, but most of those are crap and have horrible advice/info. But it is the BEST fantasy advice site out there amongst people who know their honda. I'm in a league of 12, and well over half of the owners were or are huddle members, and we're hardly on par with some of the people here.

Listen. I'm done trying to explain to you and your interweb pals for the umpteenth time that I DO realize the Huddle is a good resource and better than the generics I've used, (because basically I didn't know about many others before). I'm not the fantasy guru you are...sue me.

If you want to continue the flamewar that you, Darin and Delusions started, you'll have to do it amongst yourselves...in between circle-jerks.

OK, I've been reading most of this, but haven't checked every post, . . .

BUT did anybody note that DMD's projection for Marvin was 5/60-0 AND actual was 4/66-0? Kinda good projection, don'tya think?