[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to drop (or trade) the KC DEF?

abishagenaden

Generally I agree with the "go with your studs" mantra, but I'm not sure that applies to a DEF. Scoring for a DEF is more dependent on opponent than any other fantasy position. To blindly ignore the fact that they play the highest scoring offensive team this season (and potentially in league history) twice in the next 3 games is silly IMO.

It is also silly to assume high flying passing offenses - now playing in colder, windier weather will remain as deadly over the coming weeks. Some of Manning's passes were lacking "zip" at the end last week. To just assume the Broncos will run roughshod over the Chiefs D is silly in my opinion.

Please provide me a list of the "badass" defenses the Brocos have faced. Hmmm.

In the end this may ultimately depend on your defensive scoring (maybe somebody said that).

If you get huge bonuses for low points scored against them, that could be a big factor in the two DEN games.

If however your scoring is more based on sacks and turnovers, I don't think DEN is immune to that. Though looking at the stats of Ds they've played they don't give up many sacks/TOs.

Looking at KC scoring in my league (max 4 points for a shutout, 0 for 30 or more) the only times they have had double digits (17 twice, 19, 21) they had one or more def TDs. Those are the things that are very hard to predict or expect.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chiefs had better hope Hali and Houston are not out for extended periods of time. This defense is really predicated on turnovers, sacks, and turnovers caused by pressure. They've had little the last couple games and you can see the results. There's not many creampuff opponents left on their schedule like there was the first 9 games.