[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How lame & insulting to the 49er faithfuls

MustOfBeenDrunk

The origination thinks it is nessary to send a letter to season tickets holders of a team that has a great fan base , has won (5) Super Bowls. To remind them how to Cheer with step-by-step instructions :tdown:

The San Francisco 49ers have issued a memo to game-goers reminding them to cheer with step-by-step instructions, just in case any of their season ticket-holders forgot how to be football fans.

In preparation for the Sunday home game against the division-leading Seattle Seahawks, the team sent an email to fans detailing “The 49ers Home Field Advantage Plan For Gameday.”

The memo included a friendly list of reminders to wear red and “pull out your favorite 49ers gear,” to show up on time and “enjoy the tailgate experience” and to yell cheers, such as the revolutionary "let's go, Niners!"

Though the letter may be an earnest effort to rally fans and pump up the players, fan instruction memos rarely go over smoothly. (Apparently the 49ers learned absolutely nothing from the Miami Heat’s unsuccessful “Fan Up, Miami!” debacle.) At least some of the Seahawks fans had a good time with it:

Some funny step by step recommendations :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/san-francisco-49ers-fan-letter_n_4394710.html

Read this elsewhere. I like how the entire internal memo about the letter was somehow given to the media.

The fact that the organization thinks they need to tell fans this is hilarious. Its probably because most of them have never gone to a game and seen firsthand that most fans know when to be loud. No doubt Seahawk fans will have fun with it.

Read this elsewhere. I like how the entire internal memo about the letter was somehow given to the media.

The fact that the organization thinks they need to tell fans this is hilarious. Its probably because most of them have never gone to a game and seen firsthand that most fans know when to be loud. No doubt Seahawk fans will have fun with it.

I read it and was thinking ,

you idiots are sending this letter to a faithful group of season ticket holders ( some over 4 decades) , for a team with loyal fans, not to mention the 5 Super-bowls & you seem to think they need to be told when to cheer :fool:

I read it and was thinking ,

you idiots are sending this letter to a faithful group of season ticket holders ( some over 4 decades) , for a team with loyal fans, not to mention the 5 Super-bowls & you seem to think they need to be told when to cheer :fool:

A bunch of suits sitting in the office, they haven't a clue.

Will the fan base change when they move? If seats and PSLs are more expensive I'd predict they do. We saw it in Cleveland, though that may have also been some loyal fans not coming back after Modell snuck off to Baltimore. There seemed to be fewer blue collar fans (I'm not one of them) and it was even worse in other parts of the stadiuim (I sat in the Dawg Pound end zone).

A bunch of suits sitting in the office, they haven't a clue.

Will the fan base change when they move? If seats and PSLs are more expensive I'd predict they do. We saw it in Cleveland, though that may have also been some loyal fans not coming back after Modell snuck off to Baltimore. There seemed to be fewer blue collar fans (I'm not one of them) and it was even worse in other parts of the stadiuim (I sat in the Dawg Pound end zone).

Considering it is only a 30 mile move I doubt it

Considering Bay Area traffic, that's an additional 2 to 2.5 hours of commute time to get to/from the games.... so hmmm... maybe. :thinking:

LOL ,, can't argue with that , I take it you know the area ?

They will have many more options though including Light Rail , Bart ( most of the way ) plus 2 more freeway then they have getting to the stadium

Now it makes sense !

Seattle has won the past two games by a combined 71-16. Those are the biggest losses in Harbaugh's NFL coaching career

The 49ers' wins are over teams with a combined 30-53-1 record. Arizona has the only winning record !

Dang talk about Owned

LOL ,, can't argue with that , I take it you know the area ?

They will have many more options though including Light Rail , Bart ( most of the way ) plus 2 more freeway then they have getting to the stadium

Born & raised in SoCal and lived in Concord, Vallejo and Benicia for about a year and a half. I worked for an architecture firm that had Shell as a client so I was all over the Bay Area... from Santa Rosa to San Jose. So yeah I know all about how bad traffic can be up there!

Born & raised in SoCal and lived in Concord, Vallejo and Benicia for about a year and a half. I worked for an architecture firm that had Shell as a client so I was all over the Bay Area... from Santa Rosa to San Jose. So yeah I know all about how bad traffic can be up there!

No wonder you hate it in Hoth

I spent my youth (5-17) in SoCal, still have family there. But I've lived in NE Ohio now for 30 years and don't mind the winters so much. But then its not as bad here as by you (MN?).

Edited by stevegrab

No wonder you hate it in Hoth

I spent my youth (5-17) in SoCal, still have family there. But I've lived in NE Ohio now for 30 years and don't mind the winters so much. But then its not as bad here as by you (MN?).

Yeah I was in Orange County from birth-college. Then in Santa Barbara for college. Then back to OC and up to the Bay Area from 1999-2001ish. Moved to Austin, TX in 2006 and then rode my Taun Taun to Minneapolis last year.

I have plenty of Niners friends (my good college buddy / now boss included). The ones I've talked to are pretty nervous about this week's game!

I have two thoughts regarding this:

1) I thought they think crowd noise is unfair down there(based on all the letters to the editors complaining of the noise at the CLink).

2) Knifing opposing team fans in the parking lot is the SF hfa.

Don't group a few idiots in with true fans sucka!

I wonder if they will have noise makers and mini megaphones like the Seattle fans use.

They're going straight for those long plastic horns at all the soccer games, I think they are called vuvuzelas. The only problem is they drown out the Hooo-ahhhhhh chants for Niner first downs.

Those vuvuzelas musta worked... Not on our turf you don't clinch have a nice flight home

I have absolutely no idea why they sent that out to the Niner fans. They were as jacked up as the Niner players were today, and it had nothing to do with that stupid letter telling then when to cheer. Niner fans should feel insulted. They were loud and proud today.

True that right on triple that was a helluva game by both teams and that's what its all about a good old rivalry. Seattle will be very tough to beat at home in the playoffs but I will take this win today it felt real good to beat arguably the best team in the league right now. And on to week 15 in the quest to hoist that trophy on Superbowl Sunday! Any given Sunday and all!

True that right on triple that was a helluva game by both teams and that's what its all about a good old rivalry. Seattle will be very tough to beat at home in the playoffs but I will take this win today it felt real good to beat arguably the best team in the league right now. And on to week 15 in the quest to hoist that trophy on Superbowl Sunday! Any given Sunday and all!

I agree but not much good old rivalry being Seattle hasn't been in the NFC that long