[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys To Keep an Eye On - Your Homer Team

Chief Dick

These would be guys that are flying somewhat under the radar that you might keep an eye on through pre-season games:

For the Chiefs:

DeAnthony Thomas RB/WR

Frankie Hammond - WR

Albert Wilson - WR

Mark Harrison - WR

Some buzz at training camp from these four right now.

Edited by Chief Dick

Nick Toon has been impressing this year, but barring injury he will still be behind Colston, Stills & Cooks. Number 4 in this offense, though still isn't bad.

Everyone on offense has been overshadowed by Brandin Cooks, though. This guy is going to be really something special. Some of the camp watchers have said that the guy just never quits. Even between plays he is constantly watching what is going on and Brees has been spending a lot of time with him.

The Seahawks aren't fantasy juggernauts, but if I had to pick a guy that could surprise, it might be Jermaine Kearse. Russell trusts him around the red zone and he keeps making big plays. Really nobody else worth mentioning.

I have been hearing very good things about Jordan Matthews. ... and Zach Ertz could very well end up hovering around the top 5 TEs in this offense

Dittooooo. Jordan Matthews has been getting the nickname of Baby T.O. (and that's for skill, not personality). I heard today that Michael Irvin was at practice and Matthews immediately went up to him and asked if he could let him know what he should improve on after he watched practice. Gotta love that work ethic.

Ertz has been my personal breakout TE pick for this year since the end of last season. He was much more involved with the offense as the year went on last year. Plus the 2nd year is when a lot of the TEs bust out....Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Owen Daniels, and the list can go on.

Although I am not a homer of the Bengals, my Ertz argument can also be used for Eiffert. The only reason I don't use it to the same extent is because Ertz was getting more and more involved as the season went on. I don't watch all the Cincy games but I do not remember hearing this sort of news last year.

Dittooooo. Jordan Matthews has been getting the nickname of Baby T.O. (and that's for skill, not personality). I heard today that Michael Irvin was at practice and Matthews immediately went up to him and asked if he could let him know what he should improve on after he watched practice. Gotta love that work ethic.

Ertz has been my personal breakout TE pick for this year since the end of last season. He was much more involved with the offense as the year went on last year. Plus the 2nd year is when a lot of the TEs bust out....Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Owen Daniels, and the list can go on.

Although I am not a homer of the Bengals, my Ertz argument can also be used for Eiffert. The only reason I don't use it to the same extent is because Ertz was getting more and more involved as the season went on. I don't watch all the Cincy games but I do not remember hearing this sort of news last year.

Yeah I like Eifert's potential. ..I am just not sure he is being used properly. .. but Ertz will be a target of mine this year and I don't usually target Eagle players

not many names from Cleveland you don't already know.

A darkhorse is WR Charles Johnson. plucked off the GB practice squad. He had a torn ACL last year but talk is swirling around him. and with our lack of WRs...

not many names from Cleveland you don't already know.

A darkhorse is WR Charles Johnson. plucked off the GB practice squad. He had a torn ACL last year but talk is swirling around him. and with our lack of WRs...

Yeah most of the talk so far is how the defense is doing much better than the offense. They have a set portion of practice with drills and the offense has a goal (thought it was 20 yards on 4-5 plays). The defense has won that battle each day and the right to wear the orange jersey's in the next day's practice. Neither Hoyer nor Manziel has shined and competiton is even according to Kyle Shanahan.

I'm waiting to see how the running game looks come pre-season games, Tate, West, the new zone blocking, and so on. Not much talk on that so far. They have an inter squad scrimmage in Akron tomorrow maybe there will be some more news after that.

PS The Gordon suspension appeal hearing is today, sounds like they think they have a good chance of beating that. Just read that no decision is expected today, but it will be soon (just not immediately after the hearing). Makes sense since whoever does the hearing will then need to review that will Goodell before a decision is made. And Goodell is in Canton for the HOF ceremonies.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/no_decision_on_josh_gordons_su.html#incart_m-rpt-1

For WR, Abberderris may have torn his ACL today. Janis has yet to practice due to a mysterious ailment. Now to guess who will be #5 after Cobb/Nelson/Boykin/Adams as the others has nearly all have shown flashes of hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladarius Green / Chargers. This guy looked good last year spelling Gates. Like his chances of taking over his job this year. With the thin receiving corp they plan on lining him in more offensive sets.

For my Lions I think Eric Ebron is gonna be the guy that suprises fantasy leaguers the most. in many drafts you can get him with 1 of your last picks and in most redraft leagues I see him going undrafted. he has the easiest schedule in fantasy football for TE's with the largest margin between the 2nd TE's schedule of any other 2nd place schedule holder at any other position. I have him with a 12% difference between the 2nd best TE's schedule.and with defenses keying on C Johnson and Bush he should find the space to make a difference.I know in redrafts people will be scared off of him with the excellent TE depth this year and wait to see next year but in this modern day TE situation they seem to be coming into the league ready. and Ebron is in position.

For WR, Abberderris may have torn his ACL today. Janis has yet to practice due to a mysterious ailment. Now to guess who will be #5 after Cobb/Nelson/Boykin/Adams as the others has nearly all have shown flashes of hope.

Janis had a real nice catch and run in last game. Real fast!

Would you pick Kearse over Baldwin in fantasy?

That's a negative.

I like what I've been seeing from Ryan Williams so far. I mean he's been made of glass but the guy has skills. Dunbar and Randle are not the answer for the Boys being Murray, I hope I stay healthy.

MN Aside from Adrian...

Rudolph is primed for a big year IMO.

I keep hearing McKinnon is dynamic out of the back field... have yet to see it.

Patterson Is a beast.

Teddy/Cassel leaves me wondering who will play...

Sleeper... Greg Jennings...the slant and skinny post are BIG in Norv's playbook so he might re-emerge.