[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I Keep Somebody?

hecks huddle

1 keeper allowed if desired.

12 team PPR. Drafting 12th, due to being last years champ.

Options to keep:

Marshall, A. Brown, R. Bush, J. Bell, CJ Spiller.

Leaning towards clearing my squad and hoping that a quality RB could drop to me. Guys available to be in that group:

Forte, McCoy, Bernard, L. Bell, Ellington, Lynch, possibly Foster

Graham could be in this bunch, but TE is not mandatory.

I could always pick Marshall back up if it doesn't work out. AJ Green, D. Thomas and Bryant could be available at this point as well. Would opt for Thomas out of the group.

There is a cost of $5 to keep a player. If I don't keep anybody but pick Marshall back up in the 1st round, since he was on my squad, it costs the $5. The money certainly isn't a factor. The reason I for the list of guys possibly to fall to me, is the player with McCoy and Lynch is getting out. The guy with Forte has Manning and history says he keeps Manning.

The opportunities are greater to release all players and see who drops to me. The problem is the draft doesn't snake until after the following round. This is considered the keeper round and goes in reverse of last season finishing order, then the 1st round starts and begins with the same order then snakes. SO I'm looking at pick 1.12 after those keepers are selected, 2.12 and 3.1.

Thanks for the thoughts to this point.

By the way, we don't lose draft rounds by keeping a player, like I've been reading with other leagues. There are 4-5 guys that will not keep a player and that is why feel that one of the RB's will drop to me. I don't think anybody will pick up the WR's. as mentioned. prior to the spot to draft. My strategy has been Tier 1 RB then T1 WR and has worked well. Could go T1 WR but will struggle with RB's.

Could you trade for Forte and then keep him? Maybe offer up a draft move later in the draft - he gets something for nothing essentially, you get a top RB to keep.

Now, if money is not a factor, and you can not make the trade for Forte (or the other owner wants too much), I'd probably protect Marshall. You don't lose anything in terms of picks, so there really is no downside to it from what you have explained, and assuming a standard lineup setting, it keeps you having maximum flexibility in the draft to go after BPA.

Unfortunately, trading in this league is almost non existent. I agree with protecting Marshall, because he likely won't be there at 2.12. Not thinking RB selection will be very good either at the 2.12. I think the quantity of RB's are small and was leaning toward the openness of being able to see who falls in the keeper round. As mentioned earlier, if somebody doesn't fall to me, I can re-grab Marshall. In the same notion, should I think about grabbing D. Thomas, or another WR ahead of Marshall if the scenario plays out?

Unfortunately, trading in this league is almost non existent. I agree with protecting Marshall, because he likely won't be there at 2.12. Not thinking RB selection will be very good either at the 2.12. I think the quantity of RB's are small and was leaning toward the openness of being able to see who falls in the keeper round. As mentioned earlier, if somebody doesn't fall to me, I can re-grab Marshall. In the same notion, should I think about grabbing D. Thomas, or another WR ahead of Marshall if the scenario plays out?

Now I am confused.

Earlier you said you do not lose a draft pick to keep a player, but now you ar etalking about there being a keeper round.

Which is it?

The opening round is the keeper round to chose somebody from your roster last year. The Champ (me) chooses first whether they keep somebody from their squad, it continues in the same keeper round 12-1 for each to decide if they want a keeper. At this point, those that did not keep somebody, will have the first choice to draft from the remaining free agent list to fill the keeper round (so to speak) from the lowest seed to the top (being me). I figured that the guys on the list in previous posts (Forte, McCoy, Bernard, L. Bell, Ellington, Lynch, possibly Foster) along with D. Thomas, Green and Bryant in WR group being available.

Since I only figure 4-5 guys will not keep somebody, there lies the issues of getting a quality RB to fall to me.

Then once the keeper round has been established, the real first round of the draft begins. Lowest seed picks first through #12 (me). I will have to wait 12 picks after the keeper round. Feeling that quality RB's will be gone.

What I meant by losing a draft selection, was that in other posts, it appears that teams lose the round of the draft that a player was picked up from the previous year for the guy they kept. Maybe I'm understanding this.

Sorry for the confusion and hope this makes sense.

So, really you forfeit your first pick in order to keep someone.

Now that that is clear, I definitely would not keep anyone. The likely available options are better (or at least equal to) than Marshall, and if there are only 4-5 players taken ahead of you, you are likely looking at a very good RB or a high end WR with your pick.

You gain nothing by keeping Marshall and lose (in addition to 5 dollars) the ability to draft a better player.