[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"James' burst is back"

Avernus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap'n Hook- Not that you are BIASED or anything... all this TALK doesn't change a thing about Edge's standing among the elite backs, which is, he is not there!... at least not top 5-6-7. And, probably, never will be again. His career years are past, his body is beaten up, and he gets hurt, fairly often. Think Stephen Davis, not Tomlinson/ Green/ Deuce/Shaun

I don't think David Carr has as many options as Peyton Manning, but that's just me. . .

342914[/snapback]

he may not hav a Harrison...but I personally think Miller, Johnson, Bradford and Gaffney will be suffice for 24+ Td's this season from Carr...

Cap'n Hook- Not that you are BIASED or anything... all this TALK doesn't change a thing about Edge's standing among the elite backs, which is, he is not there!... at least not top 5-6-7. And, probably, never will be again. His career years are past, his body is beaten up, and he gets hurt, fairly often. Think Stephen Davis, not Tomlinson/ Green/ Deuce/Shaun

342918[/snapback]

LOL, then don't draft him then! I said Edge would be in the top 10 RB's last year before the season, and a lot of people said he was done and would never be the same. He almost averaged 100 yds and a TD. By the way, he is only 26 years old. Edge will have a great year. My list:

1. Tomlinson

2. Holmes

3. Green

4. Alexander

5. McAllister

6. Edgerrin James

7. Portis (mainly beacause of new offense)

8. J. Lewis (legal problems/ravens have less offensively than last year, plus I think he's gonna get injured)

I'll admit, I'm biased. But don't you want the homer reports? I was right last year, even though he missed three games. He has had a few injuries the last few years, but so has Portis.

LOL, then don't draft him then!  I said Edge would be in the top 10 RB's last year before the season, and a lot of people said he was done and would never be the same.  He almost averaged 100 yds and a TD.  Edge will have a great year.  My list:

1. Tomlinson

2. Holmes

3. Green

4. Alexander

5. McAllister

6. Edgerrin James

8. J. Lewis (legal problems/ravens have less offensively than last year, plus I think he's gonna get injured)

I'll admit, I'm biased.  But don't you want the homer reports?  I was right last year, even though he missed three games.  He has had a few injuries the last few years, but so has Portis.  James is going to have a very good year.

342929[/snapback]

I agree with that list....I think the 1st teir ends after mcallister...and the 2nd teir starts with Edge....thats where the slight dropoff is..

I think Edge is going to be a top 5 and possible top 3 RB. I'd only draft Holmes, McAllister and Green ahead of him. I also think he is in for a great great year. As with all things time erodes peoples memories of how great Edge was his first two years. I think he is going to prove people wrong in that he isn't an elite RB anymore..........

Oh, I completely agree.  There is a slight dropoff.  I just think people that got burned by Edge's first year back from the injury slam on him a lot.  They've developed a perception that is no longer true.

342932[/snapback]

yea....my gut tells me this isnt the case anymore and I didnt follow him hardly at all last year....I remember clowning the person who took him in the 1st round...2002....but now...that feeling is gone....evaporated

I think Edge is going to be a top 5 and possible top 3 RB.  I'd only draft Holmes, McAllister and Green ahead of him.  I also think he is in for a great great year.  As with all things time erodes peoples memories of how great Edge was his first two years.  I think he is going to prove people wrong in that he isn't an elite RB anymore..........

342939[/snapback]

You just came out and said it. That is exactly what I think could happen, as long as he doesn't get injured. I'm not gonna predict a top 3 though. I'm sticking with my top 6.

You just came out and said it.  That is exactly what I think could happen, as long as he doesn't get injured.  I'm not gonna predict a top 3 though.  I'm sticking with my top 6.

342945[/snapback]

the way my money league is going to go...I hope I draft 6th or something....so I can take Deuce and then Edge will slip to me afterward...I can almost guarantee it.....people are against Edge completely lol....

sometimes...not taking someone is the best thing you can do...so you don't get burned

The Colts have not involved him in the DOWNFIELD passing attack since the injury, but he gets plenty of dump-offs and screens. 

342889[/snapback]

This 100% correct from what I saw last year.

The years Edge was getting more receiving yardage, were the years Mora was sending him on deeper patterns.

Well....until Mora did a diddly poop.

I don't see Dungy sending Edge on patterns much further than a short dump off, or screens.

Edge will be a solid pick IMO.

7th pick in the 1st.

the way my money league is going to go...I hope I draft 6th or something....so I can take Deuce and then Edge will slip to me afterward...I can almost guarantee it.....people are against Edge completely lol....

sometimes...not taking someone is the best thing you can do...so you don't get burned

342948[/snapback]

Are you saying Edge will still be there when your #2 pick comes back around? That's great for you if it happens....but I just don't see it. I don't think people are that down on him are they?

Are you saying Edge will still be there when your #2 pick comes back around?  That's great for you if it happens....but I just don't see it.  I don't think people are that down on him are they?

343118[/snapback]

no they aren't. he'll be gone by pick 10

You know, it's awfully hard to knock anything the Colts offense does.

It's kind of pointless to dump to Edge when Marvin-freakin'-Harrison doesn't have a defender within 5 yards of him on what seems like 50% of the plays. How in the hell does that happen? Why don't teams triple cover Harrison, at least until someone else beats you? (Manning is good enough to find the others, but fer cripes sake, make him do it sometimes). Can you tell I've never had Marvin or Manning?

Sorry, I digress. I have the 11 pick, and I think there's a decent chance Edge may fall all the way to me. Our league scoring always has a high QB or two taken, and (slim chance) maybe someone takes Moss. People seem to mock Edge, but I remember when it was a coin toss between him and Faulk as the #1 pick (the year he got hurt). I had the #3 pick that year and got Edge because some newbie picked a QB at #2. I think Edge is definitely poised for a return to the Tier 1 RBs. I won't be at all surprised if he's a top 5 back by end of year.

He's the back I'm hoping for at #11. It'd be lucky if he fell, but it could happen.

Are you saying Edge will still be there when your #2 pick comes back around?  That's great for you if it happens....but I just don't see it.  I don't think people are that down on him are they?

343118[/snapback]

I think they are....at least people who aren't THAT experienced in fantasy...and with the scoring in my league....it makes running QB's more valuable...plus the 1 pt. per rec. makes WR's go earlier....

I think Andre Johnson is a top 10 WR easy...and will be fine with him as my #1....especially since Carr has another year under his belt...

• 4 months later...
I was at Colts camp last week, and Edge does look very good.  Edge missed 3 games last year and still finished in the top 10 in my league for RB.  Edge has never been a  break away back, one that has long runs.  But he would get yardgage in chunks.  That kind of stopped after the injury.  I saw it again late last year.  The other place Edge has not been the same is the passing game.  Part of it is the Colts have so many other offensive weapons.  I definitely would have the Edge in the top 6 (Ldt, Holmes, McAllister, Alexander, Green would be the only ones ahead of him.)

341508[/snapback]

Well, I was right about him being top 6, but wrong about who would be in the top 6 with him. No Holmes, no McAllister, no Green. In my league it's:

1. Alexander

2. Tomlinson

3. Barber

4. Martin

5. James (tie)

Dillon (tie)

D. Davis (tie)

Edge will be a great RB this year.

342590[/snapback]

told ya'

I've attended every Colts home game since 1995, so yeah, I've watched a few games.

You are completely out of your mind if you think Manning ignores Edge.  The Colts have not involved him in the DOWNFIELD passing attack since the injury, but he gets plenty of dump-offs and screens.  The Colts DO have a problem with enough balls to go around.  Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Pollard, and Clark.  When Edge was a rookie, it was only him and Harrison that were options.  The offense is much more diverse now.  Edge used to take the dump-offs and screens and turn them into huge plays.  As the above stats show, he's getting the catches, but not turning them into yardage like he used to.  I think that will change this year.  I think Edge will have a monster year.  He is in incredible shape and it's a contract year.  He has had a few more injuries the last two years, but nothing major.  The cracked bones in his back last year was a fluke, and he's wearing the back pads now to keep it from happening again.  I like Edge's chances of playing 16 games.  He has an incentive in his contract that will pay him $1 million if he rushes for 1400 yards.

342889[/snapback]

Looks like he will make it all 16 games.

342918[/snapback]

Do you still think Stephen Davis when you think of Edge? Top 5-6-7?

LOL, then don't draft him then!  I said Edge would be in the top 10 RB's last year before the season, and a lot of people said he was done and would never be the same.  He almost averaged 100 yds and a TD.  By the way, he is only 26 years old.   Edge will have a great year.  My list:

1. Tomlinson

2. Holmes

3. Green

4. Alexander

5. McAllister

6. Edgerrin James

I'll admit, I'm biased.  But don't you want the homer reports?  I was right last year, even though he missed three games.  He has had a few injuries the last few years, but so has Portis.

342929[/snapback]

I was wrong about McAllister, Green, Lewis and Portis for sure.

You just came out and said it.  That is exactly what I think could happen, as long as he doesn't get injured.  I'm not gonna predict a top 3 though.  I'm sticking with my top 6.

342945[/snapback]

It's fun to go back and check the pre-season prediciton stuff from this year. Lots of good stuff.

Edited by CaptainHook

Well, I was right about him being top 6, but wrong about who would be in the top 6 with him.  No Holmes, no McAllister, no Green.  In my league it's:

1. Alexander

2. Tomlinson

3. Barber

4. Martin

5. James (tie)

Dillon (tie)

D. Davis (tie)

told ya'

Looks like he will make it all 16 games.

Do you still think Stephen Davis when you think of Edge?  Top 5-6-7?

I was wrong about McAllister, Green, Lewis and Portis for sure.

It's fun to go back and check the pre-season prediciton stuff from this year.  Lots of good stuff.

634319[/snapback]

I'm glad it makes you feel good.

Wow that's some bs. Did you watch the Colts games? Manning would ignore Edge when he was wide open, no one in front of him, and instead bomb a pass way over Harrison's head when he was double covered.

342595[/snapback]

He needs a team that needs a running game before that happens.

342953[/snapback]

WaterMan, I'd be cranky too after your predictions. . .

Yeah Peyton was going for his TD record, so if you had Edge in a TD heavy league, you were screwed.(Why I didn't draft him, I knew there wouldn't be enough TDs or receptions to go around, as was the case.) B)

Picking up The Bus, McGahee, Larry Johnson, Blaylock, or Pittman, etc would have served you better, if not more.

The Dom still had more receiving yards, rushing TDs, and receiving TDs. :D

You are completely out of your mind if you think Manning ignores Edge.

342889[/snapback]

Edge with a 30 yard run to the goal line. TD Manning. :D

Edited by WaterMan

Edge is definitely TD light this year.

But if you get decent points for yardage & points per reception you're OK.

TD heavy league format and there were a plethora of other RB's that would serve better than Edge and could have been drafted much later.