[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams destined to disappoint

Only In America

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre's thumb, from what I hear is unable to bend in certain positions...but I wouldn't quote me on that...I'm currently looking further into this...

This is true, however, reports out of camp say he is throwing the ball very well so far. Hasn't lost velocity or accuracy. Now whether the fumblitis continues, I guess we'll have to wait for live action for that.

This is true, however, reports out of camp say he is throwing the ball very well so far.  Hasn't lost velocity or accuracy.  Now whether the fumblitis continues, I guess we'll have to wait for live action for that.

343559[/snapback]

yea...I don't like that...I've had him drop because of that...and how bad is it gonna be when weeks 10 and 11 roll by?

Can you explain why the Chiefs?

343446[/snapback]

Several reasons. The Chiefs won several games last year as a result of Dante Hall and the return game having an incredible year. Frankly, I just dont see him repeating that great year. The Chiefs really faded down the stretch last year after starting out like a house a fire. I see that trend continuing due to a lack of a receiving corp and a horrific defense. Who are their wide receivers anyway? Obviously, Priest and Gonzo are hugh weapons, but after that, very very mediocre at best. The defense is abysmal. They cant stop people from scoring. That is a bad bad bad sign.

Then look at this tough schedule: Denver (twice), new england, tennessee, indy, baltimore, jax, and carolina. All these teams are better than KC, imo. That is 7 losses right there. They do get to beat up on the lowly Raiders and Chargers twice. This schedule is absolutely brutal. all told, I think KC will finish at 8-8, just missing the playoffs..

Several reasons.  The Chiefs won several games last year as a result of Dante Hall and the return game having an incredible year. Frankly, I just dont see him repeating that great year.  The Chiefs really faded down the stretch last year after starting out like a house a fire.  I see that trend continuing due to a lack of a receiving corp and a horrific defense.  Who are their wide receivers anyway?  Obviously, Priest and Gonzo are hugh weapons, but after that, very very mediocre at best.  The defense is abysmal.  They cant stop people from scoring.  That is a bad bad bad sign.

Then look at this tough schedule:  Denver (twice), new england, tennessee, indy, baltimore, jax, and carolina.  All these teams are better than KC, imo. That is 7 losses right there.  They do get to beat up on the lowly Raiders and Chargers twice.  This schedule is absolutely brutal.  all told, I think KC will finish at 8-8, just missing the playoffs..

343597[/snapback]

exactly....I see 6-10/8-8

I think Carolina will disappoint, they are coming off a surprising super bowl and theirs nowhere to go but down. Their O line is in a dissarray with injurys and retirement. Steve Smith is a name everyone knows can he handle being double teamed. The corner backs will be more exposed with the new NFL rule. Considering the division they are in Atlanta is bound to be improved. Think of all the close games they won last year.

I think Carolina will disappoint, they are coming off a surprising super bowl and theirs nowhere to go but down. Their O line is in a dissarray with injurys and retirement. Steve Smith is a name everyone knows  can he handle being double teamed. The corner backs will be more exposed with the new NFL rule. Considering the division they are in Atlanta is bound to be improved. Think of all the close games they won last year.

343613[/snapback]

lets see how ricky manning jr does without being able to climb over the WR to defend the pass

Several reasons.  The Chiefs won several games last year as a result of Dante Hall and the return game having an incredible year. Frankly, I just dont see him repeating that great year.  The Chiefs really faded down the stretch last year after starting out like a house a fire.  I see that trend continuing due to a lack of a receiving corp and a horrific defense.  Who are their wide receivers anyway?  Obviously, Priest and Gonzo are hugh weapons, but after that, very very mediocre at best.  The defense is abysmal.  They cant stop people from scoring.  That is a bad bad bad sign.

Then look at this tough schedule:  Denver (twice), new england, tennessee, indy, baltimore, jax, and carolina.  All these teams are better than KC, imo. That is 7 losses right there.  They do get to beat up on the lowly Raiders and Chargers twice.  This schedule is absolutely brutal.  all told, I think KC will finish at 8-8, just missing the playoffs..

343597[/snapback]

No way Denver beats KC, New England maybe, Tennessee no way, Jax and Carolina dont think so, Indy will be tough but paybacks will be due. I agree the defense sucks but They have a nack for scoring every time they have the ball. None of the teams you mentioned can do that. :D

No way Denver beats KC, New England maybe, Tennessee no way, Jax and Carolina dont think so, Indy will be tough but paybacks will be due. I agree the defense sucks but They have a nack for scoring every time they have the ball. None of the teams you mentioned can do that. :D

343627[/snapback]

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? I will be willing to take each one of those teams against the Chefs. You name the stakes..

I can't see Denver beating the Chiefs or winning that division. The Chiefs have such good depth on offense I think they can do it with out Holmes . I also think Sapp is way over rated and the Raiders will be lucky to win 8 games.

342999[/snapback]

Do you really think the Chiefs are better than Denver, with a defense that gives it up more than Paris Hilton? Take the homer glasses off dude..

The Chiefs have such good depth on offense I think they can do it with out Holmes .

342999[/snapback]

Now I know you've lost yer marbles. B) You said in the tailgate that you smoke Josh Gordon morn'in... noon... & night.

I smoke pot before work, at lunch, after work, and in the evening. I feel great.  :D

341051[/snapback]

....... the resin has gone to your brain if you think the chefs can do ANYTHING without the preacher.

Depth ?? Aside from Gonzo.... you got Kennison & the flamer Morton. :D

And your defense is getting worse. Mazlowski knee has rubberbands for ligaments..... fujita is WAY over-rated and your secondary in a freak'in sieve.

Do you really think the Chiefs are better than Denver, with a defense that gives it up more than Paris Hilton?  Take the homer glasses off dude..

343708[/snapback]

The chiefs gave up 332 points last year. The titans gave up 324. JAX gave up 331. NE gave up 238. (None scores on the AFC east apparently). The Chiefs defense is average, but to say they are terrible is not accurate. If Holmes retires, they are done.

If Holmes retires, they are done.

343747[/snapback]

why do I keep hearing this ? I heard he's dedicating this season to his Dad in Iraq. :D

I think Chief dick posted it awhile back. Having the #2 in my local in a couple weeks.... and having Priest atop the shortlist......hearing this makes me nervous.

The chiefs gave up 332 points last year. The titans gave up 324. JAX gave up 331. NE gave up 238. (None scores on the AFC east apparently).  The Chiefs defense is average, but to say they are terrible is not accurate.  If Holmes retires, they are done.

343747[/snapback]

Kansas City Chiefs 2003 Defensive NFL Ranking

30th in Rushing Defense

29th in Total Defense

19th in Scoring Defense

They cant stop people. Oakland, Houston, and Atlanta are the only teams who had a worse overall defense than the Chiefs. You are correct in that their scoring defense wasnt abysmal, but it wasnt good either. The problem is that they cant stop the run. People over-power them with big tough offensive lines. If you cant stop the run in the NFL, you will have a difficult time winning games. That is just the way it is..

Kansas City Chiefs 2003 Defensive NFL Ranking

30th in Rushing Defense

29th in Total Defense

19th in Scoring Defense

They cant stop people.  Oakland, Houston, and Atlanta are the only teams who had a worse overall defense than the Chiefs.  You are correct in that their scoring defense wasnt abysmal, but it wasnt good either.  The problem is that they cant stop the run.  People over-power them with big tough offensive lines.  If you cant stop the run in the NFL, you will have a difficult time winning games.  That is just the way it is..

343823[/snapback]

Agreed.

Yeah I was talking about the Eagles going to the Super Bowl. There are many other NFC teams that are stronger than the Eagles. And everyone is hyping the Eagles to go to the Super Bowl so. :D

343176[/snapback]

I don't know about everyone... I see a lot of people predicting that the Seahawks, Vikings and Rams are going to the superbowl from the NFC.

I don't know about everyone... I see a lot of people predicting that the Seahawks,  Vikings and Rams are going to the superbowl from the NFC.

343883[/snapback]

Hell, anyone can make it to the bowl in the nfc. Well, except for cardinals. I will add the skins to the race. Why not? That Portis trade could be huge. Gibbs will brainwash this team into winners. Where are the weaknessess? Don't say QB. He won with Rippen. Enough said.

Hell, anyone can make it to the bowl in the nfc.  Well, except for cardinals.  I will add the skins to the race.  Why not?  That Portis trade could be huge.  Gibbs will brainwash this team into winners.  Where are the weaknessess? Don't say QB. He won with Rippen.  Enough said.

343913[/snapback]

Seattle=underachievers

lets see how ricky manning jr does without being able to climb over the WR to defend the pass

343615[/snapback]

I knew when I read your response, had to be an eagle fan :D

Hell, anyone can make it to the bowl in the nfc.  Well, except for cardinals.  I will add the skins to the race.  Why not?  That Portis trade could be huge.  Gibbs will brainwash this team into winners.  Where are the weaknessess? Don't say QB. He won with Rippen.  Enough said.

343913[/snapback]

can he brainwash the OL to block?...that might help...he's already missing those cutblocking schemes in Denver as we speak

There are two or three teams everybody has as Super Bowl favorites this year. I'll give reason why a couple might have more trouble than commonly assumed.

PHILLIE: They lost their two starting corners. While they might be old, when Taylor and Vincent went out last year, their backups did horrible. That gives me no confidence the Eagles' corners will cover anybody this year. Signing Kearse is supposed to help the defense and he will--for the six games he's in there. Kearse is always hurt.

Owens is a huge upgrade at reciever. But he's been dinged for years and is over thirty now. And reciever isn't normally the position that puts teams over the top. Moss, Harrison, Owens...none of these guys have ever made a Super Bowl. The Eagles needed competance at the wide reciever position and overspent on a 30+ reciever to get excellence.

The 'Boys, 'Skins and Giants are all heading to disappointing years, so the Eagles win the division. I'm saying they do little in the playoffs, though, after a frustrating year. How many times do teams make the conference title game four years in a row?

NEW ENGLAND: This is a little if-ier, but I want to rain on their parade a little. The reason their defense was so excellent last year was they could go standard 4-3 on first down, standard 3-4 on second and zone blitz on third. They had veterans who knew the defense so well they could change up and hide their scheme and still execute. I saw where the average age of their d-linemen last year was 29.something last year. This year, it is 24.something. They are trying to get younger in the d-line. With Wilfork in the mix, this will make them better in the long run. In the short term, I'm saying breaking in the young guys causes problems in running Belichek's intricate defensive schemes. Add to it the fact the NFL has said it will enforce interference rules with the Patriots in mind this year, and I'm saying the Patriots Def. won't have quite the same edge as last year. Besides, Dillon is finished and Brady goes out on the first play off the season. :D