[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sick of being burned streaming DSTs.

GoldenEagle81

I am another who uses thefakefootball.com for DST advice. Look for the "Dream Of Streaming" Article.

I usually roster three defenses throughout the year, this also give flexibility to drop a defense at will for BYE weeks or whoever has a better match up.

Someone earlier mentioned using home teams and teams that get lots of sacks. Bingo!

I've used four different defenses so far after four weeks. Week 5 I will use the same defense twice, the one I drafted on draft night. Bengals.

Week 1 - Bengals - 9.28 [drafted, did not stream]

Week 2 - Broncos vs ARI- 5.28 [stream pick, Not So Good Al ]

Week 3 - Colts vs NYJ - 19.96 [stream pick, was ranked 31st when I picked them up, rockstar stream]

Week 4 - Chargers vs NYJ - 14.51 [stream pick, stayed with vs Jets, rock star stream]

Week 5 - Bengals vs NEP - ??? [drafted, in New England [ugh], can Brady be awful two weeks in a row?]

I may steam Steelers vs JAX yet, but need to pick them up before Sunday.

I don't invest heavily in D/ST in season-long league drafts because by about week three or four there are always a couple of them that come out of nowhere to be top tier. I grabbed Carolina last year and have gotten Detroit and San Diego on various teams this year. You might have missed the boat if you haven't found a keeper by now

For Week 5, I suggest using Detroit, New Orleans or San Diego.

I've been streaming with some success this year. I like to work againts crappy offenses at home. Given what's available on the WW this week in my leagues, I'm bullish on the Giants. They might give up some points (Atlanta isn't crappy), but the sacks and turnovers should be there. The G's DL looked dominant against the Redskins last week, and now they're home against Atlanta, whose OL is a total mess due to injury...to the point where they had Toiololol in there.

This can't work all year as the teams you're streaming against will start playing against owned DSTs, but it's another tool to use when the time is right.

Debating Packers vs Ponder or Philly D vs STL....i know this isnt the advice forum but what does everyone think? I'm also streaming D in most leagues

May as well...

I'm looking at Dallas vs Houston, Giants vs Foulcons & Steelers vs Jags

One thing in streaming D's is you have to stay 2-3 weeks ahead. I keep 2 D's on my bench so I am ready for the week they should have a good game and I am ready for that week as opposed to hoping to get them on the WW for the week they play. Played the Colts week 3, and already had the Chargers on my bench. So far no one else in my league is staying that far ahead.

This is they way to do it to avoid competing with the flavor of the week. I try to stick with teams playing at home and target younger qb's as they tend to make the mistakes. I also look at the vegas odds with the over/unders and pont spreads. Not many every week starters out there. I really like the Lions (not a homer pick) this week but likley have been snatched up. Even with all the insight, still a crapshoot.

I did a little research and Blake Bortles, through 6 quarters of action, has taken 6 sacks and thrown 4 INT's. I'm rolling with Pitt this week.

Definitely seems like an obvious choice, but Pitt hasn't exactly been generating any points yet this season.

^ARI was a great grab. There are one of the only D/ST that I actually covet

I was happily surprised to see they had been dropped. Now, I don't want to play them this week against Denver, but going forward I like their prospects. Plus, they were ranked very high on the rest of season strength of schedule chart.

link?

I think it is a game time decision, but there have been reports indicating they plan to sit him instead of risking further/worse injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/report-signs-pointing-to-bridgewater-not-playing/

He hasn't practiced this week, or very limited and isn't a vet who can play well on a short week with no practice.

I think it is a game time decision, but there have been reports indicating they plan to sit him instead of risking further/worse injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/report-signs-pointing-to-bridgewater-not-playing/

He hasn't practiced this week, or very limited and isn't a vet who can play well on a short week with no practice.

Thanks. I had read GTD but hadn't seen anything else

If Ponder starts I am playing the Packers' "D". I am basing this on 2 things; first the Packers played well against Detroit. That was a low scoring game all around. Also it seems that the winning team defenses on Thursday nights have a tendency to go off: case in point---Atlanta and the Giants. Maybe playing an offense on a short week has something to do with it. Also the Packers will be at home. In order to give full disclosure; I dropped Gerhart to pick them up.

Edited by Scorcher

If Ponder starts I am playing the Packers' "D". I am basing this on 2 things; first the Packers played well against Detroit. That was a low scoring game all around. Also it seems that the winning team defenses on Thursday nights have a tendency to go off: case in point---Atlanta and the Giants. Maybe playing an offense on a short week has something to do with it. Also the Packers will be at home. In order to give full disclosure; I dropped Gerhart to pick them up.

No regrets on dropping Gerhart!