[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Hoyer or Drew Brees... Seriously

aminer

Standard 14 Team League (Big plays like 40+ yard TD/rec/rush, have increased points)

Originally I snagged Hoyer because he looks like hes been above average, but as I peered into his stats a little longer and realized for his first 4 games he threw 0 INTs, I thought "He's actually a decent QB."

But now comes week 7, Drew Brees is off his bye week with an injured Jimmy Graham and Brian Hoyer is back on the bench.

Drew Brees is facing the Lions who in my league have given up the least amount of points to QBs.

While Hoyer faces the Jaguars who have given up the 3rd most points to QBs.

I know some of you think that this guy should get slapped for even mentioning them in the same breath, but if you sit back and try to think only about the numbers, it adds up. Let me know what you think, I am still pretty skeptical.

Should I play Hoyer over Brees?

Edited by aminer

Ha, completely understand your dilemma. At the end of the day though, you will absolutely kick yourself if (when?) Brees throws for 270 yards and 3 TDs while Hoyer goes for 200 and 1 TD. Browns are still predominantly a run team, at least until they get Gordon back, while the Saints throw, throw, throw, and then throw some more.

#1 Lions defense has faced pretty poor offenses for the start of this season. Giants did awful week 1 then they faced the Vikings, Jets and Bills. The saints are going to hopefully put the lions defense in check but without Graham it should be a close game. Brees will come through but I don't think it will be one of his best games.