[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Trade: My Matt Forte for his Jimmy Graham

Forte is playing top ball right now. But he's a 28-year-old RB. And this is dynasty. How many more games can he have in him? 16? 20?

Graham is out for a couple weeks, but long term would solve the TE position for years.

My RB depth behind Forte makes it a manageable situation for now, but is it worth bouncing out RB2 week by week for a bump at TE come playoff time?

You didn't include his lineup, which is important.

Many people only think about their own teams when it comes to trades or ww pickups. You need to factor in what your moves will do to other teams as well, since that is who you are competing with. For example, I'm holding 3 top tight ends in one league now...not because I plan on playing my 2nd two, but because I'm keeping 2 other teams from playing good tight ends against me and I don't currently need those spots to get a win.

That said, I'd take this trade any day. Like you said, you never know about RB's.

An elite TE can just make so much difference, and there just aren't too many TE's that can actually stand out. Having Thomas, Graham or Gronk just instantly gives you a pretty good advantage.

As far as RB's go, one day Ryan Mathews is the bees knees, the next day Branden Oliver is on top of the leaderboard. I'm not too impressed with your RB depth, but I'm less impressed with your TE's. I'd take the chance on this trade since the only competition Jimmy will have for top TE this year and beyond is Thomas and Gronk, and you might get lucky and be able to replace Forte as your rb2 with Martin.

/disclaimer: I'm a bucs fan so I could be biased on Martin, but the guy is a real talent. Glennon is back in, and Evans is back. Even tho their O line sucks bad, there is no way that other teams can defend against Jackson, Evans, and ASJ without giving Martin some tasty opportunities.

• Like 1

His team is 1-5 (vs. my 6-0). Not a concerning competitor this season. He needs help, and Graham is the only tasty one I see.

His lineup:

QB: M Ryan ATL, M Flynn GB

RB: T Richardson IND, A Williams NYG, M Ingram NO, M Reece OAK, A Brown HOU, D Richardson NYJ

WR: V Cruz NYG (IR), S Watkins BUF, A Holmes OAK, A Roberts WAS, J Landry MIA, H Nicks IND, D Adams GB, C Shorts JAC, B Lloyd SF, J Jones BAL, D Heyward-Bey PIT, J Blackmon JAC

TE: J Graham NO, D Fells NYG, T Eifert CIN

K: M Nugent CIN, S Suisham PIT

DL: J Peppers GB, H Ngata BAL, J Casey TEN, J Odrick MIA, I Idonije NYG

LB: P Willis SF, E Dumervil BAL, B Cushing HOU, B Orakpo WAS, T Suggs BAL

DB: P Amukamara NYG, D Revis NE, B Grimes MIA, J Haden CLE, J Byrd NO (IR)

At the very least, even if Forte continues to blow up (the good way), I don't have to worry about his wrath because this guy's 1-5.

I did the math RE: how my team would have done with "next RB up" instead of Forte (being honest with myself and who I would have put in) along with Graham, vs. Forte + makeshift TEs this season (Pitta/Paul/Wright):

Week 1 (Forte + Pitta vs. Martin + Graham): -19.9 (would have lost)

Week 2 (Forte + Pitta vs. Stacy + Graham): +29.3

Week 3 (Forte + Pitta vs. Davis + Graham): +12.4

Week 4 (Forte + Paul vs. Davis + Graham): +3.34

Week 5 (Forte + Paul vs. Robinson + Graham): -6.9 (still win)

Week 6 (Forte + Wright vs. Stacy + Wright, Graham on bye): -28.3 (still win)

Total difference thru the season: 10.6 less points than I have right now. (-10.6)

Man I'm truly on the fence here. Does that data inform any opinions out there?

Edited by overworkedirish

So the biggest concern for me now is, if I make the trade, the next 2-3 weeks are going to be rocky. I don't like rocky. Especially because my team has never (NEVER) been defeated. Dynasty. 21 straight wins. I'd like to keep that streak alive.

Edited by overworkedirish

Why take the chance in losing a few games by trading him?

Because RBs are notoriously at risk for season-ending injury, and there are often late bloomers through the season due to opportunities.

If Graham were healthy and I could start him this week, I think I'd do it. But with 2-3 weeks of basically losing a star starter, it's just not worth it this season.